The Mexican Guy That Has A Nice Face And Rides On A Bull Into The Sunset

((The chapter name is literally how the VenturianTale Wiki describes *him*, no joke))

Gertrude ran towards the stairs first, the dropping her crowbar and running towards Jose Jose Jose Jose.

"Sweetie, is that you? And..?"

A fairly well aged man bounded down the steps, carrying a huge pipe, which was still dripping with dirty water. His white coat was stained and dirty, the green letters on his shoulder section faded to nearly nothing. His face was worn and looked like it had been through a lot, but his serious and grave expression melted away in the presence of Gertrude.

"Hi, Mama Gertrude!" Billy waved his dirty pipe back and forth, and stepped forward to hug Gertrude, but Polychrome shrieked, causing the room to rattle.

"No! No, no, no! No more helpers! None! You all shall die!"

Her pendant made final shake, before shivering to a stifling stop. In that instant, Spencer stepped in front of the group, mashing the triangle button on his pathetic controller. A gridded holographic panel promptly appeared in front of the small boy's face, who shrieked, "Transmogrification Paladin Shield, summon!"

An image of an iron shield appeared on the screen, and Spencer reached forward and swiped his hand over the picture. The shield enlarged in size dramatically, and the boy smashed the circle button, making the holographic screen disappear. The shield clanged to the ground, massive in size, about three times bigger than Spencer. He grabbed the leather arm straps and raised the shield with superhuman strength, right before Polychrome had time to flash everyone's wide-eyed stared squarely. The light reflected off the iron surface of the shield and back at Polychrome's bewildered face.

She gave one final cry, and was the last the group ever heard of her.

~

Spencer dropped the massive shield, and it at once dissolved into green pixels. The whole room erupted into amazed chatter, everyone blurting out questions as to what happened and how such a small boy did such a thing.

"What was that?"

"How did he lift something so huge?"

"What's 'Transmogrification?'"

Spencer picked up his shaggy controller off the ground, which he had dropped in his pursuit to grab hold of the shield.

"What?" Spencer turned to look at the ball of confused people, "Your weapons can't do that? You're all absolute nerds!"

Maloney stepped forward, taking stand next to Spencer. "Okay, let's go now. I've had enough of this dimension and I'm tired of all this. Let's go home."

Ghost pointed an angry, twitching finger at Maloney.

"We can't! One, Toast needs our help. We need to save him. And two, even if you all are so much of cowards that you wouldn't want to save Toast, we couldn't go home."

"Why not?"

"We can't. We just can't. Toast has the knife."

"He has Aquaman."

"Vhatever. Can't we just stay here and find some other ghost person to take us home?" Jose Jose Jose Jose shook his arm loose of Gertrude's grip, who was crying uncontrollably, blubbering over Billy's... Transformation, and Papa's "cute and cuddliness" disappearing.

Ghost had to admit, Jose Jose Jose Jose was a bit more muscly than just standard Papa Acachalla.

"Can't we just call zat creepy ginger woman again?"

Gertrude stopped her crying at this moment. "Which creepy ginger woman? You better not be talking about me or Maddie, you know your manners, sweetie!"

"No, no. Some younger lady, someone named Amy, or Ary... I forgets."

"Aimee?" Ghost's face lit up. This was a loophole. They could work with this.

"Ches, ches! Aimee! Ches, we came to help you since you were taking too long. Billy was too weak, so we had to take a few rounds of toilet-training. And I... Well, I am just this beautiful naturally."

"Hm! How long were we here exactly?"

Jose Jose Jose Jose took his time to think about this for a second, finally answering, "About a week."

Ghost laughed a bit.

Surprising, how much can happen in a week.