Plastic Tangerines

~

"Now, captive. You have been acquainted of our family, and I can imagine that you are starving. Here, have a bite of Luxnubes' famous mist cakes, they are quite..."

Potenlux snatched what looked like a tiny cloud in his hands, which surprisingly, did not cause the cake to dissolve in oblivion. The small cloud remained solid, in the man's huge hands. "chronic, you might describe."

"Chronic? Well, no, thank you, Your Majesty. I-I don't... I don't find it to look filling. Greatest apologies to Luxnubes."

"Why, I insist! You don't know anything about something until you've tried it!" Potenlux walked over to Toast, who was half the size of him, and placed a silver plate of the mist cakes on the arm rest of the puny chair in which the captive sat.

Toast waited until Potenlux returned to his seat and sat down before pointing at the cakes. "This will certainly dissolve once I touch it, Your Majesty. I don't think I'll be able to consume this, as.." Toast paused, looking for the right words, "tempting as it is."

Potenlux roared, the Sun's delicate and light rays flashing and becoming a blood red hue, darting across the floor like lightning.

"I am the power of the Sun! Nothing may survive without me! Eat it, or be burned and fried to death and forced to watch all you hold dear go up in flames no matter which dimension it is in!"

Toast immediately grabbed a mist cake and swallowed it. It tasted like tangerines, boiled in the same pot as a bit of plastic that some idiot dropped in it.

"Well?"

Toast looked up, and noticed that the Sun returned to its normal color and nature. Potenlux was calmed considerably, and was once again smiling.

Toast stared at the empty silver plate.

"May I have more?"

~

Everyone crowded around Ghost and Maloney, an excited chatter settling upon the group.

"Now," Maloney spread his black wings, which brushed against Ghost, who sputtered and cursed under his breath, "grab onto anywhere on our wings."

"Just watch you hands! I'm still Johnny Ghost, and I still have integrity!"

The crowd lurched forward to grab ahold of one of the two's wings, the buzz of conversation at once dying to silence.

"Okay, kid. Think of it. Think about going to the place you want. It's like morphing, if I had to guess."

Ghost imagined Toast, in some sort of golden chains or something on a cloud. It was the best depiction he had of the 2nd Dimension, and was the best he was going to get if this didn't work.

"Now, on five. One... Two--"

"Five!"

~

Toast was put in a glamorous golden room with amazing furniture and all the mist cakes and other weird sky foods he could want. The only downside was the fact that the whole north wall was bronze bars, like those of a prison. The "warden" was Potenlux's youngest daughter, Bellusnix, who was the Mistress of Snow and Sleet. She looked to be about a girl of 14 or 15, and her hair was a pale purple, as well at the rest of her attire.

Bellusnix would often ask if Toast would like another plate of mist cakes, which Toast gladly asked for and devoured. Though, inside the happy and hungry shell of the paranormal investigator, was the consciousness of Toast. The mist cakes were hypnotizing his brain, and all but his thoughts were shut out to his control, forcing himself to consume the dessert and not show any resistance to the prison he was being held in.

In his mind, he wanted to escape, stop eating, and get Aquaman.

The knife was on the table, and still was a black and grey color. It still did have Aquaman in there.

~

Sorry for the short chapter but...

I'm preparing for a vacation and I don't have access to the best connection in the world...

COUGH COUGH E-CONNECTION COUGH COUGH

ugh. colds.

Sorry guys, I'm really really sorry! I feel terrible leaving you guys off with a 600-word chapter but I can't be able to update much faster.

Just say the magic words and I'll start drafting as much as I can.

"Ravioli, ravioli, give me a chapterioli."