Reunited

*Camilo*

Six Years and Three Months After the Wedding

The Same Morning as The Previous Chapter

Camilo's and Y/N's ages: 26 years old

"Um, what in the actual fuck is that?" 

I laughed as Diego stared in horror out of the large glass wall of the airport in Toronto, taking in a world of white. Snow fell from the sky, whirled around by the wind outside, was all over the ground. It was 6:30 a.m. We had landed half an hour ago, finally managed to find our bags and emerged back out into the main part of the airport.

"It's snow," I said.

"Snow?"

"You were never with us when we saw snow when we were away?"

"Clearly not."

"It's cold."

"It's cold?" he asked, turning to me. "What do you mean it's cold?"

"I mean it falls when it's cold - it's cold here!" I laughed.

"Why the fuck did they choose here to study?" Diego asked. "Were they aware that this would happen?"

I laughed at his utter horror that snow had not been the primary factor in choosing where to study for Y/N and Damian.

"It's not bad - it's actually kind of cool and pretty, especially at night when it falls slowly. And you can make snowballs and stuff."

Diego shot me a look that said he thought I was unhinged. "All this white shit falls from the sky, and it's cold, and you think it's ... pretty?" he asked.

"Well, it is sometimes!" I remembered Y/N and I kissing at night under beautiful slow-falling snowflakes in a city somewhere in the United States - but Diego was right, he hadn't been able to come with us that trip, he had been working.

I suddenly realized - it was cold. We were dressed in nothing but our black button-up shirts. 

"Oh, crap, we need jackets," I said. "We can't go outside like this, we'll freeze."

"Freeze?" Diego asked, horrified. "What kind of hellscape is this?"

"Oh, my god, relax, will you? You wear a jacket and a hat, and you're fine!"

"Maybe you'll be fine," Diego muttered.

There were small shops in the airport that we noticed as we walked around to look for the place to get our pesos exchanged for dollars - but nothing that sold jackets. After 30 minutes or so of wandering around, I realized that we were probably out of luck.

"Wait, wait, so you're telling me it's super cold out there, and we gotta go out there without a jacket now?" Diego said.

"It's fine, we'll just put on all the shirts we have - we'll layer up. We're just going to go out there and get a taxi, anyway. We're not walking around." I put my bag down and began to dig through it, pulling on two other shirts, plus my ruana. "Wear your ruana, they're warmer."

"I don't have any ruanas."

"Why? They're so comfortable."

"I couldn't find one in black."

"Oh, my god, you won't goddamn die if you wear another colour," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I really like black."