Pilgrimage

*Camilo*

Six Years and Three Months After the Wedding

Four Months Since the Earthquake

One Month Since Previous Chapter

Camilo and Y/N's current age: 26 years old

"Come on, let's dance."

"Go fuck yourself."

"Diego!" I said. "Come on, the doctor said it's good for you."

"The doctor can go fuck themselves, too."

I laughed as Diego smirked over the book he was reading on the couch, turning a page.

"Come on, a couple of days ago you danced with me."

"A couple of days ago, I was drunk."

"When we leave tomorrow, there won't be any more time for dancing," I grinned. "You know you love it."

"Camilo, we live together, sleep in the same bed together, you wear my clothes every day because yours are all still buried under what is left of your house - don't you think we should draw the line somewhere?"

"Hey, the doctor said it was good for teaching your brain how to coordinate better with the prosthetic with all the different movements, but what do I know?" I said casually. "I guess you want to limp like that forever."

The smirk fell off his face and he glared at me. I walked over and turned the music on and began to dance in place, grinning at him.

He worked hard to hide a smile, shaking his head at me, before sighing heavily and throwing his legs over the side of the couch, grabbing his prosthetic and putting it on, standing up and walking over me. I winced at his limp when his eyes were down, knowing he was in pain, wishing he would keep more of Julieta's food on him, but plastered the smile back on my face when he looked back up.

"Do you want to lead this time, or shall I again?" I teased, holding out my hands to him.

He took them. "You enjoy this a little bit too much."

"Anything for my brother," I grinned.

"Yeah, yeah," he groaned. "Just get on with it."

"Okay, easy stuff, step, step, step and turn, let's go."

"Jesus christ, fine, you lead."

I led him and he stumbled when we went to turn. I held him up and grinned at him. "No problem, again, back the other way, ready? Step, step, step and turn."

Diego groaned in frustration, but laughed at me when I tried to dip him back.

"Holy fuck, you have a wife! What would she think of you?"

"That I am a wonderful support to her dear brother?"

"Jesus, here, I'll fucking lead, you freak," he said, taking my hands and making the first step across as I followed him. He got the turn, but stumbled on the following step, stopping and putting his hands on his hips. "Remember when I had two feet and we went clubbing every night and danced with hot women?"

"Remember when we were pieces of shit who abandoned our family and ruined years of progress in our mental health?" I joked back.

"Right, mental health," he said, sighing. "Now we dance alone in a basement and I have a wooden leg."