Hidden

*Camilo*

The pain in my head came before I even opened my eyes, but when I did, it intensified, and I yelled out, closing them again, raising my hands to cover my face.

"Milo! Quickly, eat, you have lost a lot of blood!" My mother, but her voice sounded like a million knives cutting through my head at how loud she was.

I groaned, keeping my eyes closed, feeling someone shoving something up to my mouth. I opened my mouth, feeling myself being pulled up into a sitting position so that I wouldn't choke on the food. I chewed and swallowed as quickly as possible, needing the pain to stop so that I could think - what the hell had happened? And then, I remembered -

"Y/N!" I shouted, opening my eyes, and then slamming them shut when I felt the pain rip through my head again, putting my hands over my eyes.

"Milo, wait! Stay still! Let it heal you!"

"Where is she?" I asked, trying again to open my eyes and finding I could this time, the pain slowly disappearing. My mother came into view, her face worried and tear-streaked.

"Dolores heard her screaming that you were hurt! What happened?" Mirabel said from somewhere beside me. I turned to her, seeing Dolores, Isabela and Luisa standing together. I was on the living room couch in Y/N's house, everyone looking terrified.

"Ramirez," I said, able to think straight again now that the pain was totally gone. "He ... he was working with Gabriella - he needs Y/N and Diego - he took them!" I stood up, only to be pushed right back down by Luisa and my mother.

"You need to sit down and tell us exactly what happened," my mother said, looking terrified.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself, my heart racing out of my chest, and told them everything Ramirez has said, how he knew Gabriella, the catalyst, what it could do, The Faction, why they had killed Gabriella and Javier, why Ramirez took Diego and Y/N. It sounded just as insane the second time around.

"Mami, we have to go find her," I said pleadingly. "He must have taken her back to his village!"

"Of course," my mother said, standing up, a thunder cloud forming over her head. "But we need to go home first and tell everyone else what's happening. We have no idea when this psychopath will try something."

"The meteor shower," Luisa said. "That's in five days. Everyone in town has been talking about going and watching it. If we can find them before then, we can stop all this. Ramirez has no powers yet, between all of us, we'll be able to deal with him."

"Okay," my mother said, kneeling down and taking my hands. "I know you must be terrified, Milo, but he won't hurt her before then. We need to think clearly and make a plan, do you understand? We cannot just go charging there in the middle of the night."

I was suddenly taken back to the time when I had done exactly that two years ago and remembered how badly it had gone. I swallowed, knowing she was right, but that didn't make it any easier. I wanted to knock them all over and go right now and kill Ramirez with my bare hands. I nodded, letting her know I understood, still feeling so sick from fear I thought I would throw up.

***

When we got home, my mother sent me and everyone else to our rooms, telling us the adults would talk and she would update everyone and we would all talk in the morning and make a plan. I couldn't sleep - pacing around my still-bare room. There was no way I could sleep, but I knew better than to try to involve myself in the conversation and cause a scene by now. I could trust my parents, I told myself, they would figure something out, we would get her before the meteor shower. I kept the watch at my ear, trying to calm myself with the sound of the ticking, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't and I would yell out in frustration, throwing it on the bed, thinking about what Ramirez could be doing to Y/N right that moment. After an hour, I finally sat down on the bed and it came to me. Bruno could look into the future and see where she was since the meteor shower was still five days away. Ramirez would have taken her someone and locked her up. Wherever she was right now, she would be in a few days.