2. Heroes of Paris

This chapter is based on Stoneheart featuring Evie with some changes. 

The following morning, Evie woke up and got ready for another day at school. After yesterday, Evie hoped that today wouldn't be as bad.

"Morning Evie," Starr said.

"So, yesterday wasn't a dream?" Evie asked.

"You wasn't dreaming about yesterday. It really happened," Starr replied.

"That means...." Evie didn't finish what she was saying. Instead, she grabbed her phone and found the news. She pressed play. A video showed the motionless people that had been turned into stone beings. The news reporter (Nadja) spoke.

"The stone beings are scattered all over Paris, and for the time being they show no sign of moving. Police have cordoned off the area."

The picture changes to a man (Andre) standing next to a police officer. "We won't stop until we find a way to turn these people back to normal but for now, we're not making much progress."

Nadja reappeared next to a picture of Ladybug, Chat Noir and Snow Leopard. "Paris is relying on our new guardian angles Ladybug, Chat Noir and Snow Leopard to save us. Our lives depend on them."

The video stopped playing.

"All those people. I'm not sure If I'm cut out for this job anymore," Evie said.

"Evie, don't worry. You're going to go back with Ladybug and Chat Noir and fix this mess. You have to stay strong. Ladybug will need your help," Starr said.

Evie went into the kitchen where her Mum waited for her. Her Mum had her work clothes on. Evie's dad still lived with them but often spent a lot of time away.

"Morning Evie, I'm off to work now. Have a good day at school."

"Morning, Mum," Evie said. "I will. See you later."

***

Evie arrived at school. The courtyard was filled with students from different classes and year groups. She noticed Ivan, the boy that had been Stoneheart with a crowd of people from her class around him.

Evie decided that she wouldn't go over to them. Instead, she sat down on a bench. Evie wasn't expecting anyone to come and sit down next to her but they did. It was a girl with short brown hair, brown eyes and freckles. She wore black jeans, a white top and a black leather jacket.

"Hi," the girl said. "You must be new here. I'm Caragh."

"Hi. I'm Evie. I started yesterday. I just moved here from Glasgow," Evie said.

"What's Glasgow like? Did you live there long, it must have been hard to leave it behind," Caragh said.

"It wasn't that bad. I mean... the city that is... I didn't really make any friends. I was only there for a year. My parents move around a lot for work," Evie replied. "What about you?"

"I've been in Paris most of my life. My parents moved here when I was 4. I'm originally from Ireland," Caragh said.

"That means you must know this school and the students well," Evie said.

"Well, I guess I do. Why?" Caragh asked.

"Do you know Marinette?" Evie asked.

"Ah, you mean Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I don't know her that well. She's never been in the same class as me but she seems nice. Her family own the bakery across the street from the school," Caragh replied.