1. New School, New Faces

Note: This chapter is based on Ladybug and Chat Noir episode with some changes. 

In this fanfic, Alya's been at the school for a year already. 

The scene with Chloe, Marinette and Alya happened before Evie arrived. 

*****

"Many centuries ago, magic jewels bestowing extraordinary powers were created. These were the Miraculous. Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the good of the human race. Two of these jewels are more powerful than the others. The earrings of the ladybug which provide the power of creation and the ring of the black cat which gives the power of destruction. According to legend who ever controls both the jewels at the same time will be given absolute power. The legend also talks about the miraculous of the Snow Leopard which provides the power of invisibility."

"I want this power Nooroo. I must get my hands on these Miraculous, including the snow leopard," A male voice said. The room was dark, so it was hard to tell what the person looked like but Nooroo was a light purple butterfly-like creature. He had butterfly wings that had a long tail at each end. His eyes are dark purple. On his forehead was a purple spiral marking.

"Nobody knows where the miraculous are," Nooroo told the man.

"I found you, Nooroo. Remind me of your powers," The man said.

"The moth broach allows you to give someone there own superpowers and make that person your devoted follower," Nooroo said.

"And when it comes to luring superheroes, what could be better than creating supervillans," The man said.

"Master, the miraculous are not meant to be used for evil," Nooroo said.

"I must have that power. Your miraculous is in my control. I am your master now and you must obey me."

"Yes, Master," Nooroo said. The Kwami had no choice but to obey his new master.

"Nooroo, dark wings rise," The man said as Nooroo got pulled into the broach and a flurry of butterflies surrounded the man. "From this day on, I shall be known as Hawkmoth."

*************

It was the end of Summer and the start of a new school year. It would be the second year that 14-year-old Evie Lewis found herself in a new city.

This time it was Paris, France. Last time it had been Glasgow in Scotland. Evie enjoyed travelling but she wished that her parents didn't have to move every year.

"Evie, you're going to be late for you first day at your new school," Her Mum said.

Evie sighed but got up. She brushed her hands through her long brown hair and then tied it back to keep it out of her hazel eyes. Her outfit was simple a pair of blue jeans, a plain pink top and a pair of white trainers.

"Here we go again," Evie thought to herself.

"Are you ready for school?" Her Mum asked.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Evie replied as she took a slice of toast from the plate. "I'll see you later."

****

Evie was almost at her new school. She stopped to check her phone and made sure that she was heading in the right direction when she noticed an elderly man. He'd dropped his wallet on the floor and appeared to be struggling to pick it up.

"Are you ok, Sir?" Evie asked as she picked the wallet up and gave it to him.

"Yes, thank you, Miss," The man said.

Evie smiled and then continued walking.

****

Evie arrived at her new school, College Francoise Dupont.