Prologue: Banished...

Start from the beginning

He placed the crate down with a thump and sat on it as she came up the ramp to stand in front of him.

Gryphon: I've got something in the works...it'll be one hell of a fireworks show.

He couldn't see it but he could feel Eris glaring at him. The thought of him throwing away his life, the life of someone she had become close to despite all her warnings and efforts not to, it angered her.

Eris: So you'll kill yourself fighting some impossible enemy? I had thought you smarter than this...

Gryphon: Who said anything about dying? They're going to need me when The Witness finally shows up. Since things have calmed down and our worst enemy is far from our solar system, I was planning on taking a vacation anyway. Who knows, maybe I'll find another god to kill while I'm out there.

Her expression calmed, she gave him a tired look as she messed with the orb floating above her palm.

Eris: Honestly...it is impossible to understand you...

He chuckles at her again before standing and beckoning for her to follow as he walked over to a much larger crate. He pushed the crate open slightly and Eris caught a glimpse of a large shard of The Traveler as Gryphon pulled a key-like hive artifact and handed it to her. Eris recognized it instantly.

Eris: A Throne World key?! How?!

Gryphon: With the help of the Coven. A special detachment of Witches serving Savathun were all over the Dreadnaught. They led me right to it.

Oryx left behind many priceless relics when he died. The rest of the guardians were more interested in the firearms while Gryphon clawed his way deep into the Dreadnaught and stole many an artifact. Including the title, 'Taken King'.

Gryphon: It's time for me to go. Tell the rest of the Syndicate that we'll keep in touch.

Eris: I wish you well on your..."Vacation".

Gryphon: And I wish you well dealing with Ikora on your own.

She almost laughed. Almost.

The Hive-touched Hunter leaves the ship with the key in hand. She turns around as the ship's ramp lifts up to see him removing his helmet.

 She turns around as the ship's ramp lifts up to see him removing his helmet

He smiles at her before being obscured by the ship. She turned and walked away as the ship rose up into the air and shot out of the Tower Hanger.

[File Name: The Syndicate]
[Requesting Access].......granted.
[Opening File].....success.
|"The Syndicate". It was decided a long time ago that the Vanguard didn't have the stomach to do what was necessary. A group of individuals that come from all parts of the solar system to form a secret society of people who were skilled at working in the background, each going by a code name in case they are discovered.|