Trapped in a Chamber

I feel trapped..... Trapped in this abyss which I called life.

Ever since I was born I have never really had a chance to interact with other people due to my disease. I have always had a weak heart, which made me frequently visit the hospital. Although I was born with a golden spoon, my father was always busy due to our business, to the point where sometimes I feel like he does not really care about me. My mother, on the other hand, passed away after giving birth to me.

Because of my disease, I never really had the chance to go to school like a normal person, and had to get myself homeschooled. This made me feel so isolated, to the point where I just want to get away from life. But I always think about my father because I am the only person he has left. Even though he is very cold as a person and never really gave me that much attention, I still love and treat him with respect because he is still family.

When I was 13 years old, while I was busy reading some books, I felt a sudden pang in my heart and wasn't able to breathe properly. I collapsed and was then rushed to the hospital in order to get myself treated. The doctor had adviced my father that I should get isolated inside a sterile chamber because the microorganisms in the environment has been affecting my health status. Because of this, my dream of having freedom was suddenly crushed.

Fast forward to ten years later, I am still in this chamber. The doctor said that it was a miracle and that I was lucky to be able to still be alive, despite having a short life expectancy for my disease. Well.... I beg to differ, Even though I managed to survive, I feel like the situation I'm in now, is worse than living in hell.

Currently, i'm in my chamber studying about business management because my father has planned for me to take over the company. I never really had a choice since I was his only son, and we don't have any relatives that are still alive because my father too was an only son, and my grandparents have already died before I was born.

To be honest, I don't really know if I will be able to match the expectations of my father, but I still try my best even though my body is weak, and I don't have really that much authority in the company. Although I have been attending meetings via video conferences inside my chamber, I still think that people do not trust me yet. I just recently graduated college and currently taking a masters degree; My weak heart has also been hindering me to reserve a position in the company.

These worries have been slowly eating me, and I just realized in the end that I felt really empty. Until one day, I met this man that would be able to fill the void.