"Its time."

Adam took a deep breath and nodded.

Sunny was ushered out of the room, accepting an offer to be brought up to the viewing room. Kay napped quietly against her shoulder, but she had made preparations if he were to grow bored or upset.

Adam looked up at Krill as the nurses entered, "You ready?"

Krill could sense the nerves in his friends voice, "don't worry, I will keep your brain in tact small as it may be."

Adam gave a sort of half smile.

"Please lay down." One of the nurses ordered, and Adam did as told sitting there as monitors were placed , and IVs were inserted.

Krill sat with him while they prepared, "The surgery will be done microlaproscopically . We will go through the sinus cavity and back into the skull to reach the interior of the brain. It will be incredibly risky, but I have no doubt as to my abilities, from there we will use Celex and Conn to connect me to a visual representation of the brain area I am looking for, following their instructions, we will find the fibers and recreate them with the neuron synthesis kit. We will place our own connection and then sever the original, from there we can adjust to fit. You will be awake during the procedure, but the insertion procedure requires only local numbing and the brain is incapable of feeling pain. However, we will paralyze your major muscle groups for the duration of the surgery. We will monitor your breathing to make sure we have not gone to far and paralyzed your diaphragm. You will also be given a mild sedative to stay calm during the procedure."

Adam gave a weak smile, "I get happy pills."

"Yes, you get happy pills."

"Your blood pressure is slightly elevated."

"I think that's related to the potential risky of dying." Adam commented wryly as the nurses unlocked the breaks on the hospital bed.

Krill gave a grim little smile too.

Adam was rolled forward and through the hospital and into a waiting decom chamber. Rolling into the surgical suite he was nearly blinded and lifted a hand to cover his eyes.

Conn flipped him a rude gesture, "Bitch." Adam heard in his mind

He gave a small smile.

"Don't listen to him, you look sexy in hospital slippers." He was a bit surprised to hear Celex's voice, even more creeped out to hear him use the word sexy, and he grimaced lightly making the Maker laugh behind his mask.

One of the doctors stepped forward from the crowd, "Hello Adam, my name is doctor Misha Chyernev and I will be the anesthesiologist for you surgery."

Adam nodded once, "A pleasure"

"We will start by administering Xenasin, to calm you first, and then the paralytic, so just take a deep breath, and try to relax."

"Ah yes, relaxing."

Still he leaned his head back waiting for the drug to take effect

And boy did it work quickly, it wasn't long until Adam found himself floating in a sort of haze. It wasn't that he wasn't aware of what was going on, or that he couldn't understand it. He just didn't care. He was actually quite comfortable.

"Alright Adam, how are you feeling."

"Good." He mumbled

"Alright, let us know if you feel any pain or discomfort alright."

He gave a nod.

"Administer first dose."

It wasn't long after that Adam realized he couldn't move his arms or turn his head. It was a disconcerting experience and might have bothered him at any other time, but right ow he didn't seem to mind . His head rolled gently to the side.