Chapter 21 - New Found Family

Jennie POV

I groan as I slightly open my heavy eyes, then I found myself resting my head on top of her chest while my arm is around her waist. Waking up right next to her makes me feel that I will have a great day because I have this perfect start.

"Good morning Lili" I mumbled tracing my fingers to her nose bridge causing her to scrunch it and groan quietly.

I fell asleep while watching a movie, No Strings Attached. I giggle at the idea that we watched a movie about a couple that is somehow similar to our setup, except for the friends with benefits part, of course.

I carefully remove her arm around my body as I slowly roll off the bed to prevent her from waking up. Then I go to my bathroom to do my morning routines.

I've never felt this way before, I'm not used to waking up with someone beside me, or even taking a shower like this... smiling widely like a fool. My heart flutters every time I see her, most especially if she's near me, I can't even get her off my mind. What are you doing to me, Lisa? All my walls are crashed down the moment she came into my life. Now, I'm working on climbing over hers, this ain't me, damn it, Jennie.

After taking a fresh shower, I peeked at her from my walk-in closet's door to see if she was still asleep, and I found her sleeping on her side facing me. It seems like she's not going to wake up anytime soon. So I decided to cook breakfast for us to kill my time waiting for her to wake up.

Before anything else, I go near my bed and kneel on my carpeted floor to level myself to the edge of my bed to stare at her sleeping face. She looks like a baby sleeping soundly with both hands underneath her face causing her plumped lips to slightly pucker. I giggle and say "cutie".

"Hey, you're cute and beautiful at the same time right now, do you know that?" I whispered as I tucked her hair behind her ears. "You look like an angel when you're sleeping. I wish to see you like this more often." I said with a smile plastered on my face.

"Jisoo warned me about saying this first but this one won't count anyway. I love you, Baby, stay with me okay?" I mumble and kiss her forehead, you don't know how much I wanted to tell you those words

"Is it ok if tell you now?" but I love you this much that I'm willing to wait for you to be ready to admit that to yourself. "You're worth the wait Lili" what did you do to me? Smiling is like my forte nowadays, I can't take it off my face when I'm with you.

Sigh...

I kissed her forehead again and decided to head out my room before I change my mind and jump back into the bed beside her for a snuggle.

In the kitchen...

I was planning to cook pancakes but I ended up cooking kimchi fried rice. I wonder what type of food she likes for breakfast. I better add it to my daily questions.

I find myself smiling when I come to realize what she said last night, I admit that I got offended when she snapped and raised her voice and said, "Have I fuck you? I haven't, right?" damn, that was offensive for me, but when I remembered her say that she doesn't want me to belittle our relationship instantly made me pleased. Call me a fool, but knowing how she values our relationship gives me hope that we will not end up like her and her ex-girlfriend.

I hope not.

I snapped back from my senses when I felt a pair of hand wraps around my waist. "Why didn't you wake me up?" she said with a husky voice as she rested her chin on top of my shoulder.

"As if you can cook," I said and chuckled.

"I missed the cuddle time," she said and pouts her mouth.