Chapter 3

"Guys it's getting late and I'm cold. So can we please go home?" The boys have been sitting for a few hours, not even fishing... just talking. It's almost like they don't see each other every day. They are worse than girls sometimes.

Pope checks his phone, "Haley's right, it's almost 11."

"Yeah and my parents are already pissed at me for sleeping over at Rafe's last night. Not really in the mood to get grounded, to be honest."

"Fine. But you or Kie are gonna have to drive the boat home." John B says.

Kiara crosses her arms, "And why is that?"

JJ giggles, "Because we have obviously been drinking, silly."

I look at Kiara, "I'll drive."

So, me being the only one besides Kie that didn't drink, I take one for the team. And while I don't officially have my boating license, I've had to drive these guys home before. Probably should look into getting my license just in case...

The drive back to John B's place isn't long, probably about twenty minutes. In that time, the three drunk boys have passed out in the back of the boat. Kiara turns to me laughing, "Why is it always us that has to drive these idiots home?"

"Beats me. We are the only sane ones." I shrug my shoulders.

"Hey, do you wanna just spend the night at my house? We haven't had a girls night in like forever." Kiara asks.

I sigh, "I would love to but my parents are already mad at me for last night. I don't think they would want me out again tonight. But maybe you could stay at my house."

She perks up, "Yeah that sounds fun! I'll tell my parents."

Just as Kiara texts her mom and dad, I park the boat at John B's dock. I get up and smack each boy on the head, "Get up! We're home!"

"Fuck! Why did you have to hit us so hard?!" John B exclaims.

"Well we aren't dragging all three of your asses out of the boat, through the yard and into the house. Had to get you up somehow." I laugh.

JJ rubs his head, "Shit..."

The three boys whine as they follow Kie and I to the house. I swipe John B's key from his pocket, unlock the door and we make sure each boy safely makes it to their respective sleeping spots.

"Okay boys, we are leaving." Kiara says.

They mumble, what sounds to be, "Bye."

Kiara gets into her car, following me back to my house. Since my parents are already asleep when I get home, we have to be quiet as we enter. We slowly open the front door, lock it and sneak up the stairs so that we don't wake my parents up.

When we get to my room, Kie asks, "Do you mind if I take a quick shower?"

"No, go ahead."

Because she knows where everything is, I leave her be and sit down on my bed. About fifteen minutes later, she exits the bathroom. I tell her, "I'm gonna take one too. I'll be out in a minute."

She nods her towel-wrapped head. I walk into the bathroom, strip down and hop in, letting the hot water warm me up. After doing all of the shower essentials, I get out. I step into my underwear and throw on a sports bra. I'm quickly doing my skincare routine when my door swings open, revealing Kiara, "Hey, can I borrow some moisturizer?"

I grab my towel and try to cover up my stomach, "Oh um, sure."

"Thanks." She smiles and glances down at my stomach that I've obviously not covered up very well. Her eyes get big, "Um... Haley?"