Chapter 15: Plonky?

Havoc ensued in the tower as it turned out that Thor had once again released the exotic creature that he brought as a gift. The weird, and rather large creature, left squawking all over the tower, leaving a trail of feathers almost everywhere. Eventually, it was left up to the magic users to trap the creature since you all were the only ones who could capture it "safely". Truth be told the others were just scared of the thing, called a Plonky as Thor later told you, after it had scratched Bucky and Steve and lunged at Thor earlier in the day.

It led to a stand-off between you and the Plonky, that you had decided to name Crackers, as Wanda and Stephen tried to sneak up from behind.

"Peter cue the western music," glaring at Crackers as he pawed the ground, honestly the whole encounter sounded like something in a fanfic. 

The teen scrambled to get his phone out and find a track on Spotify, finally selecting one. 

"Well I didn't grow up on a damn ranch my 'ole life just to be beaten by a dang Plonky," you sneered.

"Y/N you grew up in Hydra," Steve facepalmed at the stupidity.

"Shut up Uncle Sam." Forming your hands into finger guns, you fired up your magic and began to shoot beams at the creature, that would hopefully stun it. The thing charged at you and before you knew it, it was on top of you. Surely you couldn't be killed by a dang alien? You were right because after giving you a glare, it changed its expression to a grin and licked your face.

"It likes you Lady Y/N!" Thor cheered as he ran up to hug you before Crackers hissed at him.

"Thor please tell me this thing isn't venomous or poisonous."

"Fear not Lady Y/N, it isn't."

"Well then, welcome to the Avengers Crackers."

Most of the team broke out laughing over the thought of an alien joining the team. 

"We are not keeping that thing," Stephen glared at the creature as it hissed at him too.

"Says the person that was supposed to defend me from this oh so terrifying beast and catch it!" Pretending to faint as you got up from the ground only for Stephen to catch you.

"Shush princess."

"Or what?"

Clint and Tony groaned, apparently having witnessed the whole chain of events. "Will you two just get together already!" Clint yelled.

You began to laugh almost evilly at the duo. Fools. 

Well, it may be your birthday but they'll sure get a surprise later.

"Damn right," muttering as Natasha overheard and gave you a look that seemed to say 'I know you two are talking in your minds even though I don't have any powers'. 

"Shut up Nat."

"I didn't say anything."

"I can hear you thinking."

"No. Wanda should have just never introduced you to Sherlock."

"So very true," Peter whispered, after having a whole overnight marathon a few days ago, that he was forced to sit through.

"Not my fault she has a type," Wanda muttered before floating over to the kitchen with Vision. Presumably to rant about your type and you and Stephen or just to get your cake. 

"Stephen," you whined turning to the sorcerer who was caught up in a conversation with Thor about Asgardian magic, "I'm being bullied."

He walked over to sit down on the couch, that you and Nat had moved to, to hug you while you placed your head on his shoulder. 

"I'm sure you're perfectly fine."

"No Nat and everyone keeps making fun of me," pouting you turned to a glaring widow who suddenly had an evil glint in her eyes.

"We'll make fun of you until the two of you admit that you're dating."

This will be the death of me.

Cheer up, princess. We'll tell everyone later.

"I really hate you, Nat."

Soon enough the iconic couple themselves came bursting through the kitchen doors, carrying a multi-tiered beautiful light purple cake decorated with flowers and vines that seemed to wrap around the whole desert. 

"Happy birthday Y/N!" Wanda and Vision both shouted while smiling widely. 

This was amazing, truly. Never had someone so much as baked you a cake, much less given you presents on top of that. It still amazed you that people could care this much, to go to this extent for you.

After setting the cake on the dining table, you ran up to the couple and hugged both of them, never being one for physical affection with the team, it was a true surprise to both of them, but they gladly accepted and returned the hug.

"Thank you, guys. You're the best."

"It was Strange's suggestion actually," Wanda admitted while looking to the smiling sorcerer, he really was perfect in every way, "he helped make the batter, just not ice it because of his hands."

"You're still awesome for doing this."

"You're welcome, excuse the few candles, if we put all of them they wouldn't fit."

"I get it, I'm old! Gosh!" you scoffed while making your way to Strange, as Wanda informed FRIDAY to call the team to the dining room. Cuddling your face into his neck you stayed perfectly content for a moment, just relaxing before the team got here, they always seemed to leave chaos wherever they were. "Thank you," you whispered into his neck.

"Not a problem. If anyone deserved it, it's you, especially after that hellhole we call Hydra."

The team started to pile in, and you, unfortunately, caught the attention of a certain duo, that consisted of an archer and billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. "Are you seriously going to tell me that you aren't dating!" Tony yelled in frustration. 

Unfortunately for him, he seemed to forget that he was making fun of the two people with magic, one of which tripped him while the other opened a portal to steal his wallet.

"Stupid magic people."

Stephen led you to the table where the whole team decided to sing you happy birthday, in very offkey voices, but hey it's the love that counts.

AN: Sorry for not updating! Turns out that my grandpa has a ton of medical issues so he's been in the hospital a ton lately! Yes, I really just made like 3 chapters dedicated to one day

AN: Sorry for not updating! Turns out that my grandpa has a ton of medical issues so he's been in the hospital a ton lately! Yes, I really just made like 3 chapters dedicated to one day... I'm the author I do what I want 💅