Chapter 14: Not a Kid

You were going to be an Avenger. An Avenger. Something everyone dreamed of. You could help people. You could help take down Hydra. You didn't have to be bad anymore, you could finally make up for everything you had done, willingly or not. Most importantly they had finally accepted you, you had found your family after not having one for so long.

"This is the best day of my life." You received more compliments than you thought you ever would in your life. Even Natasha hugging you and telling you how good you are. 

Steve came up with a smile on his face. "Congrats Y/N. You earned it. I didn't trust you at first but I can admit I was wrong."

"Thanks, Steve. I forgive you. You might have to make it up a little bit by letting me steal your shield for a mission."

"Understandable."

"Crazy! Come over here!" Tony yelled, the billionaire looked scarily excited. "I present to you the most awesome gift ever, your suit!" Unveiling a suit similar to Nat's except with blue and purple lines and a hood. It also had arm guards and a belt similar to Stephen's tunic. "Now go try it on!"

The suit fit perfectly, outlining your figure yet still loose enough to move comfortably in. The belt had places to put weapons or other tools in. "It's perfect," you said while modeling the suit for all to see. Stephen seemed to be nearly dying at the sight of you and seemed to be close to fainting when you winked at him, blush covered his face. His reaction didn't go unnoticed by Natasha who smirked at the flustered sorcerer. 

You whistled loudly and soon enough a blur was seen before settling on your shoulders. "Almost forgot about you," patting your cloak, which had been living in the sanctum or your room for the past few weeks. "We look amazing." The cloak or Christy, as you had started to recently call it, went perfectly with the suit, even better with it you could fly, the suit perfect for it with the thin but tough material it was made of.

"Hell yeah kid!" Tony yelled. "That's top shit right there, you're gonna be all over the news."

"You do realize that I'm way older than you, right?"

"You don't look like it, so sorry but you're stuck with it."

"Ignore him Y/N," Nat told you while punching Tony in the arm, "besides, I'm more sure that the sorcerer's opinion is more important."

"Shut up Nat."

"You're not denying it," the assassin sang. Wanda laughed at Natasha's comment before you shot her a deadly glare. I know.

You pleadingly shot her a look. Please don't say anything, Wanda. 

Fine. But I want all the details. 

You two realize I can hear you?  You peered over at your lover to see him rolling his eyes, at your and Wanda's interaction.

Wanda looked at him and shot him a glare. We know. You two burst out laughing as once again Stephen rolled his eyes.

"Are you three talking about us?" Clint asked as he saw your's and Wanda's outburst and Stephen's annoyed glare.

"Maybe," Wanda replied before winking at Nat, who seemed to get the topic of the telepathic discussion instantly wiggling her eyebrows while looking suggestively between you and your new lover.

"I swear you two act like little girls," you mumbled at the pair.

You walked over to Stephen to let him see your new uniform better, he still seemed stunned at how the outfit looked on you. You bumped into his hip breaking him out of his stare and causing his cheeks to become flushed as he realized what he was doing. Leaning next to his ear, grinning, you whispered, "If you're looking at me like that in just my suit, I can't wait till I'm wearing less." He was really caught off guard by that comment, going into a coughing fit while trying to hide his red face from the rest of the team as you snickered thinking of the effect you had on him.

"Not funny," Stephen growled while the whole team stared at him. You'll pay for that.

I know.

"Strange, you're lookin' a little red there buddy. Everything good?" Tony smirked, if he wasn't an Avenger he would've made a damn good villain with the evil glint in his eyes. He and Stephen acted like such children with each other.

"I'm fine Stark." The two entered a staring contest, sticking tongues out at the other, the testosterone was overpowering before Peter interrupted. 

"Y/N! I made you a present!" Peter jumped around excitedly with a little box in his hands before shoving it into your arms. You could feel something jingle inside of it.

Unwrapping it carefully, not wanting to ruin whatever was inside, a silver box was revealed. Inside of it a picture frame, filled with a collage of tiny pictures of you and Peter and some with the whole team. 

"Do you like it?" Peter asked timidly, scared that you wouldn't like the gift.

"It's perfect Pete! I think this is one of the best gifts I've gotten!" you told the teenager as he smiled widely over your love for the gift.

The rest of the team then turned to a table to carry more boxes over before setting them on the floor so you all could relax and sit while opening them.

"Are they all for me?" 

"All of them are kid. We all love you," Tony said before handing you a gold-wrapped box, that you opened to show a gorgeous dark blue gown. "Pepper thought you might like it. You can wear it to parties and all that."

"Tony, how much did this cost?" Cringing at the thought of how much it must have been.

"Just a few thousand. Don't worry, I'm rich."

Soon the rest of the gifts were opened, you received one from every Avenger, even Steve. Nat gave you a dagger decorated with purple jewels, Thor gave you some Asgardian books about magic, Clint gave you a book about birds, Bucky gave you a F/A plushie, Bruce gave you a soft blanket he made himself with some extra features, Wanda gave you a beautiful ruby set of earrings, and the rest of the Avengers along with some friends, like Wong, gave you plenty of other gifts. 

AN: Holy shit 1

AN: Holy shit 1.7k! Sorry for not updating lately but I've been having family issues, so that's been my focus rn