You're dreaming of running away...

The warm, salty wind brushes your tear stroked face and you breath it in, while new thoughts flood your head ; gushing waves of memories wipe every other thought of the mind you had control over many years ago. The sound of the sea chimes in the background and as you turn to look into the ink washed ocean, you see the waves slowly crawling up the sandy shore.         

For a second you just stand there, waiting for something to happen, although you know nothing will. Without knowing why, you drop your handy into the soft sand dunes and watch it sink further and further down, until the shimmering black surface disappeares. You have the feeling you dont need it anymore. Slowly, you turn on the spot and start running, your bare feet digging into the warmth of the sand with every step. The smell of freedom fills your nostrils and you start smiling. Its not a smile for anybody else. Its a smile meant just for you and the happiness flourishing inside your heart makes you feel like youre the only person in this world.

Your hair is tangled all around your face but it simply doesnt matter anymore how you look or how you felt before. Suddenly, you are aware of the beauty of life which only exists if you believe in it. And your smile grows even bigger, you stretch out your arms and close you eyes, eventually free, eventually happy.