Chapter 2 - Red lion -

"Allura, can I speak to you?" Shiro asks calmly as everyone left the dining area. Allura looked hesitant but nodded.

"What's the issue Shiro?" She asks, clasping her hands together in from of herself.

"Lance. He seems, how do I put this..he seems off. Like not how he usually is." Shiro mutters, sitting on the couch and leaning back. Allura stares at her feet, thinking.

"I suggest a mind link session, like we did when you paladins first arrived." She looks over to Lotor and Coran who had been there the whole time as well, "maybe you two could join in. I'm going to, I have to bond with the other paladins more anyways." Allura says, frowning when Lotor turns the offer down.

"I would Princess, truly, but I have to continue working on our project. Once you're done you can come join me." Lotor excuses himself.

"Right, of course." Allura says, smiling. Shiro gives a half-smile before addressing Allura's mind-link suggestion again.

—————

"Paladins to the training deck! Get in your armor too, we have a surprise!" Allura's cvoice sounded over the intercoms, startling Lance out of his intense staring competition with the mirror on his bathroom wall. Lance hurried out of his room and found Hunk going to a room with big doors.

"Hey bud! Wanna come with me to the armory room?" Hunk asked, smiling at Lance. The boy in question gave a small nod, following Hunk into what he later finds out is the training area then going through doors leading to the armory room.

After the two of them were suited up they headed back to the training room, sitting on a side bench looking thing while waiting for the others. Soon, everyone had gathered and sat in a circle in the center of the room.

Coran went around the circle and placed a head piece on everyone's heads, including his own before sitting back down. "Alright everyone! You know the drill, allow your minds to become an open book!" Coran says, crossing his legs and clasping his hands together in his lap.

Lance was now worried. He didn't know anything about anyone. Above Allura's head, an image of a beautiful place came up, then a man who looked similar to her with a woman that looked almost identical to her, then the image of the paladins and voltron, and lastly, Lotor.

Above shiro's head came the image of a man with dark skin and light colored hair, then the Galra, then a boy with black long hair and dark midnight eyes, then the paladins and their lions.

Above Coran's head came the same woman and man Allura thought of, but this time they were standing beside Allura. After that, the same beautiful place Allura though of had appeared. And after that, an image of himself and Lance appeared, they were cleaning the medbay together. Lance pursed his lips, the Lance everyone once knew is gone, but they don't even know it yet.

Next was Pidge, first, who Lance guessed was their family appeared, then Lance and Hunk appeared, then a moment when Lance, Shiro, Keith, Hunk, and Pidge themself were all in a blue glowing area that seemed like a cockpit, the old land at the helm. Lance frowned.

Hunk came next, an image of him and two older women cooking came up, then Hunk and Lance as children came up, after that, the same last image Pidge had came up, then came an image of Hunk and some Alien girl who seemed really nice looking, then, an image of Hunk in a similar cockpit looking area as his second image only this time it was glowing yellow and gold.

Next came Lance, everyone stared in anticipation, the only things that showed up was him waking up on planet Jubilan, then him staring in his mirror only a few doboshes ago. "Huh? Lance why don't you have anything else?"

Lance shrugged. He didn't know. Well, technically he did know, he doesn't have his memories from before waking up. But he also didn't know why he'd lost said memories. The image above his head changed from the mirror moment and to a staticky screen. Everyone stared. Then, it hit Allura. "You did lose your memories..didn't you?" She mumbled loud enough to be heard.

The team's eyes widened. Lotor, who had just walked in with space snacks for the team dropped the tray of snacks he held. Lance bit his lower lip, feeling a sensational heat rise in his eyes. "I have to go.." He muttered before yanking the headset from his head and bolting out of the room quickly.

He ran aimlessly with his eyes closed, running through automatic opening doors and turning corners cluelessly. He fell to his knees when reaching a room that he felt safe in, hot tears flowing down his cheeks. He looked around, pausing when he sees a Gigantic mechanical red lion.

'So this is my lion..? It's huge..' Lance thought, standing up and dusting himself off. There was a round barrier over the mechanical beast until Lance walked closer, taking in the sight. The barrier slowly descended into nothing once Lance got close enough to be an arms length from one of the giant paws.

The lion's eyes started to glow a brilliant bright yellow color, startling the Cuban boy slightly. He reached his hand out and grazed the paw of the lion slightly with his finger tips, sending a shocking wave of calmness and warmth through his whole body. He looked up, neck aching as he saw the lion's head lower to look down at him. He was in awe. The lion's head lowered down to the ground, opening its mouth.

Lance moved so he was stood in front of the lion, hesitantly walking into its jaw and heading to where he felt he needed to go. Soon, he was standing behind a seat in the center of the Lion's head, staring at the control panel as it started to glow a brilliant bright red color. Once again awestruck, Lance goes and sits in the seat, placing his hands on the...joysticks? Whatever they were, he held onto them tightly.

The lion slowly lifted its head, startling the paladin only for his shock to die down gradually. Lance heard the lion talking to him. "What? You can communicate with me?"

Lance nods hearing its reply. "Okay. What do you want to do then boy- oh you're a girl- okay well uh what do you want to do?.." Lance asked, gripping the joysticks tightly while looking around at the control panels. "You want to fly..? I can't fly- I-I don't know how to fly!"

Before he knows it, the red lion's hangar opens, outer space becoming visible to Lance. 'It's beautiful..' he thinks as he pulls the joysticks upward slowly, raising the lion off the ground. Soon, he was up and out of the castle of lions, flying through the open space, staring at the stars and planets around him.

Lance sped up, pushing the throttles forward at full force. The speed was exhilarating. Lance was ecstatic. The whole time since he awoke, he's felt so out of place and lost. He was scared and freaked out but now, now he feels weightless. He feels like nothing can hurt him. He feels safe in the red lion, her calming growls and purrs flowing through his mind, securing his mind in a calm state.

He had only just met this lion, yet he already felt like she knew him his whole life, not that he even knew himself. He closed his eyes, but still saw everything around him. He can see through the eyes of his lion. He smiles, feeling the security the red lion gives him. There's another feeling there too, Lance can't put his finger on it quite yet, but he believes it may be remembrance.

————