"You know you can always tell me if you need time off, I don't want you overworking yourself."

"I know, thank you."

They gave a nod before leaving the dining hall — probably to get a head start on chores while most maids are waiting for orders — prompting you to bow to your ladies and make your way to the wall with the others. As you walked, you felt a pair of eyes burning into you, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it was Daniela. Once you turned to stand against the wall, her gaze dropped to her plate and she lazily pushed her food around, clearly not having an appetite. It broke your heart to see that, and it clearly bothered her mother and sisters as well — seeing as how they immediately started questioning her.

You watched in silence as they eventually got her to eat, relief flooding through you with every bite she took. After they finished eating breakfast, you helped gather up the dishes, handing them to a maid before following Daniela. You knew she knew you were following her, but neither of you acknowledged it until you reached her room. Daniela had flopped on her bed while you stayed in her doorway, watching as she grabbed a book and began reading — meaning she wanted you to be the one to initiate the conversation.

After taking a deep breath, you took a step into the room and shut the door, earning Daniela's attention. You began walking towards her bed, fidgeting with your hands until you were sitting on the edge of her bed. Daniela sat up and shut the book, setting it on her lap as her gold eyes stared through you. Normally, her gaze wouldn't bother you, but at this moment, it felt like if you did the wrong thing — you'd end up dead. You took another deep breath before doing the one thing you hadn't done in nearly two decades.

"Selective mutism is a severe anxiety disorder where a person is unable to speak in certain social situations. It usually starts during childhood and, if left untreated, can persist into adulthood."

"Holy Mother Miranda..." Daniela whispered in awe as her gaze softened. "Y-you don't have to—."

"I want to," You whispered, hesitantly taking her hand in yours. "Because you deserve to hear this... It's taking a lot for me to not stutter, but I want you to know that I... I-I li-like you a lo-lot..."

Daniela cupped your face in her hands when you clenched your jaw in anger. "Don't force yourself—."

"My stutter is the re-reason I-I don't talk — that a-a-an-and how people wo-wou-would mock me... But I wan-wanted to let y-y-you know that I—."

You were cut off by Daniela pulling you in for a kiss, the emotion behind the action nearly making your heart stop. She helped you onto her lap once you returned the kiss, a faint smile making its way onto her face as her arms snaked around your waist. You let your arms wrap around her neck before hesitantly breaking the kiss and quickly looking away, remembering the promise you made to yourself all those years ago.

"I tried to not fall in love with you," You spoke slowly in an attempt to not stutter — wanting to get this point across. "I kept denying it; making up excuses or saying what I felt was because of something else, but deep down I knew I had fallen for you."

"Why didn't you want to...?"

"Everyone I had a crush on turned me down because I don't speak — you're the first one that didn't seem bothered by it and you genuinely cared about me so..."

"So that's why you're comfortable enough to speak to me," Daniela breathed, hope making her eyes shine brighter than normal.

"It is — Dani, I've been treated like dirt before you... Please... Please don't make me regret this."

"Iubirea mea, I will do everything in my power to treat you like the goddess you are," Daniela whispered as she rested her forehead against yours. "And if I ever make a mistake, please let me know so I can fix it and never do it again. You deserve to be loved, and I want to be the one to love you. I don't need you to talk, I need you to be comfortable and willing to let me love you — and willing to love me."

"I already do love you, Dani."

"Then, are you willing to give this a try?"

"...Yeah, I think I am." You muttered before connecting your lips once more.

---------

i will have an upload schedule posted in my bio after i get some sleep. i work most weekdays, but i also typically have about 4-6 hours between when i wake up and when i need to get ready for work (except tuesdays) so my uploading won't change too much <3

(i will be adding this to every new chapter i post)

can't believe i have to say this, but!! if you have a bf, i do NOT want them reading my works. i am a LESBIAN. i write works for SAPPHICS, not for men. also, do NOT have them ask me if i can write an isa x triplets story. Isa is a LESBIAN and is based off of me, do i really need to explain why this is weird and uncomfortable? if you, as a sapphic, want that? that's fine and i'll happily write it. but do NOT have a man request it or even read my stories. i have it in my descriptions and on my profile: MEN DNI. having men read my works makes me extremely uncomfortable. this was a huge violation of my boundaries and i will not stand for it. the account that requested it is already blocked.