Chapter 8

|unspeakable crimes|

Day Count: 8 days to go 

Days are dwindling but Chaeyoung can somehow - in the least take a deep breath. Like a thorn finally came out of her chest, Jisoo was - is alive and technically speaking she did save Jisoo - not entirely but she's sure it counts.

Although Jisoo doesn't quite share the happy sentiment and breath of relief - she was on a dinner with her brother and Taehyung calls her out when she sighs for the nth time 

"What's up with you?" 

"I think something is going on with Chaeyoung" Jisoo breaths out and poured herself a glass of scotch 

"Woah - easy there tiger" Taehyung chastised being an older brother he is, "What do you mean by there's something going on with Chaeyoung" 

"She's acting weird - since a week ago" Jisoo ignores the look Taehyung gives him when she sips on her drink graciously 

"And what do you think is happening with her?" 

"I don't know - honestly. She said she's getting some threats and she hired this P.I. - I'm just worried" 

Her brother gives her an understanding nod, "Worried about what exactly?" 

"That she's in trouble" Jisoo shrugs and Taehyung knows her sister enough to know when she's lying or in this case - withholding information.  

"And...?" He goads 

"Nothing" 

"I'm your brother who will I tell?" He reasons 

"For one, Jennie Kim - She wrote about Chanyeol being a cry baby and I'm not about to add fuel to the flame" 

"Okay - it was the gossip column and you're not sure if Jennie was the one that wrote that" Jisoo gives him a look, "Okay - maybe she did write that but it's not like it's a lie"

Jisoo scoffs, "But the world doesn't need to know that" 

"What are you really worried about?" Taehyung tries again

"I...I-I think - um...Chaeyoung's cheating" 

Taehyung's jaw drops, "Okay...um - can you explain?"

"Well she went to Jeju a few days ago, I didn't even know why she was there. I thought she was at work and then she calls me crying then she gets home and attacks me with a bear hug"

Taehyung remains quiet and just nods

"Then she takes a week off work - not that she stopped working, she said she was working on some personal case, then she hires some PI"

Jisoo takes a sip of her scotch again, "then she interviews Sana Minatozaki about me and then-"

"She hired Kookie and asked him if he was angry at you" 

The CEO's head shot up to meet the eyes of her brother, "Chaeyoung hired who?" 

"Jungkook - didn't she tell you? anyways he said Chaeyoung was really worried when she stopped by to see him" 

"Chaeyoung hired Jungkook? You approved of that?" 

"Yeah - I thought you knew" Taehyung shrugs and squared his shoulders when he realized the change in her sister's demeanor 

"So she hires your ex and you just say yes? and did you just call him Kookie?" 

Taehyung clears his throat, "About that..." 

---

Chaeyoung flinched when she hears the front door slams, "Chaeyoung!" 

is Jisoo shouting at her?