Dinner For Two (part 44!)

Please read the Little authors note at the end then the comment section its very important to me that people help me with a rising problem and enjoy the one shot!

"Time for a snack for my snack."

Venom's chuckle rumbles through Eddie's mind, reverberating through its deepest recesses. His glee is only in part because he gets his cut from their supermarket outings. He has been fascinated by shopping centers ever since they went out to the first one. Rows and rows of snacks all colorfully decorated, arranged in neat little ordered stacks rather than piles, and wrapped up right like gifts-another wonderful Earth custom. Most of them contain little more than garbage, certainly, but that does nothing to mar the festivity of the thing. And to think these stores exist on almost every corner. Some so large it would take him several bounds to cross. He wants to try them all out, but Eddie is very particular about his little one and their little neighboring morsel who runs it.

Eddie can't help but flinch when Venom first pipes up. He's getting more and more accustomed to having another voice in his head, but it still can startle him when he speaks up for the first time after a period of quiet. What he is getting better at, though, is resisting the instinct to answer him aloud. "Yeah yeah," he thinks back. "On my way to get some right now." He doesn't quite know what to make of being called a snack himself, so he chooses not to address it. There are more important things to worry about. He is due for some proper grocery shopping.

"What are we getting today, Eddie," Venom asks teasingly, already knowing the right answer and making sure his ride does too.

"I know you're gonna want some form of protein," he begins. "And I know just a place to get some. I think you'll like it. Chock full of all kinds of seafood right outta the bay."

"Oh?" Now that piques his interest. As long as it's fresh."

"Definitely. And don't worry, they have your other favorites too."

"Chocolate~" he rumbles in approval and goes silent for now, enjoying the scenic view. Eddie does as well. It's been a little while since he had the means to shop here. Being a family-run business, this market doesn't exactly have the same convenient price tag of a chain, but now that he's getting work again, he can better afford it. More importantly, he can afford the fresh-caught seafood that can't be beat by any chain.

Venom picks and probes at the recesses of his mind to get a better idea what is up, but older memories are always harder to access. Ones Eddie isn't actively trying to share doubly so. Not that he would ever let his nibble know that.

When they reach their destination, Eddie hops off the trolley and heads for the entrance. Outside, this looks just about like any other supermarket. Inside, though, is almost another world. All kinds of foods not available in regular supermarkets are stacked up in row after row of shelves, but Eddie knows Venom hardly gives a thought about exotic fruits or international snacks (well, aside from chocolate). Nah, he's taking his cart right to the back where all the meat and fish is.

"Ooooh....". Now this is more he likes it. "Eddie. Eddie, what are those?" he asks, dragging his host towards the frogs of all things.

"Eh...?" Oh no. "They're, uh...they're amphibians? The french like to eat their legs? They're, uh, not very meaty." He hopes that will detract him from wanting to try frog.