Chapter 14: As It Was

"So, you and Richard." Travis said the next evening. Anna sat next to him and rest her head over his shoulder. "How was it?"

"He's nice." She replied yawning. "We had fun. We can only be together that way."

"Point taken."

"Don't you miss home?"

"Yeah, of course I do." He replied nodding. "We're halfway there."

"Living on a prayer." Anna joked, making both laugh. "I miss it."

"I know."

"Is it too late to come home?" Anna whispered. She missed Sebastian so much.

"Three months, dear." Travis mumbled and kissed the top of her head. She broke down and wept. "Anna, my love."

"I've lost him." She sobbed. "And I've lost myself."

"Why don't we go out and clear our minds?"

"That sounds really nice."

And that's when both realized how much they missed home. They missed their friends, the city... Everything. Florence was awesome and nice, but they weren't used to that sort of things. Six months was way too much to hold if you had someone waiting at home.

They had a great time. Florence gave them so many opportunities, fame... Everything they wanted. But the last week was getting heavier and heavier. And it was getting heavier and heavier for Sebastian as well. He couldn't forget Anna. The Polish one told Richard about the matter before leaving Italy. He knew before she talked about it.

It was August, a few days before Sebastian's birthday. It had been almost a year since she gave him the tickets to Romania. Things were way too different and difficult. She was now at their door.

Opening slowly, she found Sebastian about leaving. They froze.

Hello, Sebastian.

"Anna." He whispered looking up and down.

"Seb." She replied holding her breath. "Hi."

"Hi." He said and gazed the floor. He didn't know how to react or what to say. "Why is that you came home?"

"I... I finished my job. It's been six months." She paused. "But I figured out where I belong."

"Come on in. This is your home after all." Sebastian mumbled and stepped aside.

"Seb..." She whispered now when they were at the living room.

"It's too late to come on home." That words made her feel broken again. But that was the price she had to pay.

"I know." She said with cracked voice. "I know I fucked up."

"You did."

"Are you missing me?"

But he didn't reply, he simply embraced her tightly. He remembered the time he flew all the way to Italy when she was at her worst. She closed her eyes and let herself go for a moment.

They missed each other too much. Too much time on their hands.

"You've changed so much." Sebastian whispered looking at her this time.

"I wanted to have another hair color. I know I'm blonde, but I needed to change."

"But you are-I mean, you've lost weight." He replied. "Have you done something?"

"I haven't done drugs, if that's what concerns you." She mumbled. "I promised you I wouldn't do it again. I keep my promises. But yet, you look really good."