The Bet (Part 7): A Heart-Shaped Arrow [Sana x M Reader]

Beginne am Anfang

"Did I just hear a false claim?" Jihyo asked, finally standing up from her crouched position next to the TV. "I just finished wiring that stupid speaker setup."

"I'll test it out," said Y/N, letting Jihyo take a break.

Mina was perched on the couch with her phone tilted horizontally. She peeked at Y/N over the top of her phone, waiting for him to call her out.

Y/N didn't. She let Mina play her game and headed to the receiver next to two industrial-sized speakers. He connected his phone and played a song on low volume, only to find that Jihyo had hooked the system up to three or four other speakers placed on either side of the room.

"Did you guys ever get noise complaints?" Y/N asked Mina.

"Sometimes," she said, now fully focused on her phone screen. "But I think the neighbors are out of town, and the others already notified the housing committee."

"So no problems?"

"Doubt there'll be any."

Y/N nodded and cranked the sound up higher. He heard telltale signs of other people entering the house—probably more guests—so he stayed near the phone. Soon, he felt the need for a drink. He looked up from his phone, only to find that the living room held about fifteen people.

Y/N quietly fixed himself his drink and returned to his phone. Social interaction wasn't an option, not until he was inebriated. Mina had the same idea—she had just returned from getting herself a questionable amount of alcohol.

As the house filled, the lights grew dimmer. Soon, they were almost entirely off, save for the disco lights and projectors. More people were migrating from the bar to the dance floor, including most of the girls. It was time for Y/N to put the real bangers on.

The 2010s playlist was an immediate hit. Jeongyeon turned to him with a proud look on her face and nodded in approval. Y/N downed his drink and went back in for another one.

Nayeon was at the bar, pouring alcohol into shot glasses. Y/N took two before she could protest. "Hey—HEY!" she slapped his hand away. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Getting drunk."

"Can't you see I'm trying to do something here?"

Y/N plucked an empty shot glass off of the tray. "I got you." He picked two bottles out from the bar. "Half of this... and half of this..." He handed the glass to Nayeon. "Drink."

Nayeon reluctantly did. Her face went through a series on emotions, settling on mild astonishment. "How did you do that?"

"Easy recipe," said Y/N. "Makes them taste exactly like Cinnamon Toast Crunch." [A/N: If my memory serves me right, it's half Rumchata and half Fireball. I haven't made them in a while, but HOLY CRAP they're actually amazing]