𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

(A/n : Incase you were wondering or needed a reminder it is still 1519, it's like late may early june. Fancois is in the 2nd trimester)

︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎♕︎

The return to Paris was met with a celebration. Eugene was a king known for his parties and today he would prove that once more. He was an entertainer at heart you know. Not unlike a peacock in the way he enjoyed flaunting his riches and getting the nobles drunk. But tonight, alas, was not intended for that. While there shall be wine-Eugene didn't feel particularly prideful tonight.

He knows he should; that's what everyone kept saying to him: "You should be proud of yourself!"

And he has done things that he was proud of today, like the treaty and fixing the mess Francis' stupid ass left for him.

But his mind kept going back to Katheirne, and how she might feel slighted when he named Francois as his mistress in front of her. Let alone that her got the treacherous girl pregnant before her. It was his own plan and his own fault though, and Eugene took responsibility for that. That didn't soothe his mind. If anything, it made him just feel guiltier since he did have a choice.

Katherine didn't have choices like he did; she was at his full mercy, and now, so was Francoise.

Francois didn't often occupy Eugene's mind; at least not in the same capacity as Katherine did.

Katherine had left to her rooms in order to change for the ball that night. Her hair had been done up in a fashionable style and changed into a lighter dress that would be easier to dance in. She twirled a bit, enjoying the airflow that she didn't often get in her other gowns. Anthias was just getting the jewelry ready when there was a knock at the door.

"Yes?" Katherine called out.

The guard responded by opening the door a sliver, peaking his head in with his hand over his eyes. "There is a lady who wishes to speak with you," he said. "Eleanor d'Castel, Dowager Duchess-"

"Of Castel. I know," Katherine nodded knowing he couldn't see her. "Let her in."

"Yes your majesty."

Eleanor was a slight woman in stature standing at only five feet and three inches tall. Her brown hair was partially hidden under a dark french hood which framed her face. She had on a modest gown with a neckline that fully covered her collarbone and sleeves that hid her wrists. She had a long, pale, slim neck that held a string of pearls. Katherine was reminded a bit of Ja'net when she saw her eyes. They were the same storm blue.

"Your majesty," Eleanor curtseyed before rising. "Thank you for your generous invitation. I must say that I have missed the court dearly."

"I'm happy that you are enjoying yourself after your....." Katherine struggled to find the words. She tried to be polite and sensitive when she could. Anthais was much more blunt.