Chapter 25

A party.
Louis expected me to go to a party.

After all this, he asks me to go with him to a party.

I didn't even want to go. I hated parties. I was never the party kind of person.

My phone vibrated with a text message.

It was from Harry.

*Hey I'm having a party tomorrow night you should come*

I groaned as I lied down on my bed.
What was so amazing about this party anyways?

*Why should I?*
I texted back.

*Because I'm throwing it. And don't worry, your little crush will be there. U can hang out with him instead of me if you really want to.* He responded.

I felt heat rise up my cheeks as I read the message again.
'Little crush'...? What is that supposed to mean?!

*What do u mean 'little crush'?*
I texted him back.

*Oh come on Kathryn, don't play dumb with me. I see how you act around Louis, it's no doubt u like him. But whatever, that's besides the point.*

*I don't fancy Louis... he has a girlfriend. He's my best friend, nothing more.* I replied.

"And when does he ever see me and Louis hanging out anyways?" I thought.

*Whatever, are u going to the party or not?*

*Sure... I guess I don't have anything else to do.*
I responded.

*Alright! See you then ;)*

I groaned at his last message.

Great.
Now I was going to a party.
My first party in... what was it 2 years?
Hopefully I was socially prepared enough to face Jessica and the sorority girls.
There was no doubt they were gonna be there.

.
.
.

*LOUIS' POV*

*I convinced Kathryn to go, luckily she falls for my English charm.* Harry texted me.

*Oh shut up. The only person who falls for that is yourself.*
I responded to his usual cockiness.

"Are you ready yet, Jessica?" I yelled from the lounge.
"No! Just a couple more minutes!" She yelled back from in the bathroom.
The party wasn't that special.
It wasn't like you needed to dress up or anything. I just wore a jean jacket with a gray shirt and black jeans.
There was no doubt that Jessica was trying to find the perfect outfit at this moment.
Although she always looked stunning, she herself had to approve of her outfit, not me.

*And Kathryn. And the entire female population.* Harry texted back.

*Go ahead and think that.* I told him.

"Alright. I'm ready now, let's go." Jessica stated.
She wore a gray sweater, dark blue jeans, brown boots, a red scarf, and a cross necklace.
Her hair looked different as well, she wore it curled - which she never usually did.

"You look beautiful."
I said, kissing her forehead.

She gave a small smile and replied, "We're already late let's get going, Lou."
I nodded in agreement, as we walked out the door.

My phone vibrated in my hand as we walked out to the car, and I saw many missed calls from Kathryn.

"Shit... I told her I'd give her a ride..." I thought.

"Er hey Jess, I just remembered... I have to pick up a friend... for the party." I told her.

"Do they live far?" She questioned.
"No. Not at all." I replied.
"Alright then, I don't mind." She told me, her attention to her phone.

I nodded and began to drive to Kathryn's house.
Once I got there, I texted her to come outside.

I didn't want to look at Jessica.
I could feel her staring at me.
She knew this was Kathryn's house. I know she hates Kathryn. Everyone knows she hates Kathryn.
And another thing, I could tell that Kathryn wasn't too fond of Jessica either.
Kathryn opened the passengers seat door, where she would usually sit.
"Louis how come you weren't-" Kathryn paused, seeing Jessica who had taken her spot.
The look in Jessica's eye could not be mistaken.
Pure hatred.
It looked like she was going to slap her right across the face.
"Oh... sorry, I'll sit in the back." Kathryn uttered, quietly closing the door.

And for the entirety of the ride to Harry & Niall's house was spent in sheer silence.
I could see the fury in Jessica's eyes. Jessica was staring right at Kathryn with the mirror right above her head.
Kathryn was trying to avoid her gaze, but it didn't seem to be working.

Poor Kathryn.
.
.
.

We did eventually get there.
5 minutes felt like 5 hours with all the tension in the air.
As soon as we parked, Kathryn darted out of the car.
I watched as she immediately got her phone out, and she soon held it to her ear.

"Why the fuck did you give Kathryn a ride? You know I hate her!" Jessica yelled at me.
"Because she doesn't have a car-"
"Why the bloody hell is she even here?!" She interrupted her.
"Because Harry invited her." I replied, "Is that a bad thing?"
"No... I just don't want you hanging out with her." She stated.
"You don't want me hanging out with her." I repeated.
"Yes."
"You can't tell me what to do, darling." I told her, "She's my best friend. I'm going to end up hanging out with her."
She scoffed and stomped away into the crowd of people that were surrounding the house.

*KATHRYN'S POV*

I stood in a large crowd of people that were outside the house.
Why they were there and not inside, I did not know.

I held the phone to my ear, praying that he would answer.
I did not want to be alone for this party, and I did not want to third wheel with Jessica and Louis.
Hell no.

"Kathryn! Why are you ringing me? Are you here?" Harry asked.
"Yeah... I'm outside." I told him.
"Why are you telling me this and not Louis?" He questioned.
I could literally hear the smirk in his voice.
"Would you actually prefer to hang out with me instead of him?"

"Yeah I mean-"
"Wow that's a first." Harry interrupted with a small laugh, "I'll be right there Kathryn, just give me a second."

He had hung up the phone.
I stood there awkwardly as strangers eyed me, which made me quite uncomfortable.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, which made me jump a little, but I soon saw it was only Harry.

He ushered me inside as he spoke, "I'm so glad you came, Kathryn. Tonight's gonna be sick."

{This isn't what I had planned for this chapter lol I was gonna write more but I'm already at 1000 words so I must stop :/
What does everyone think of the new wattpad update? I think it's really cool I like the new fonts :D ok thx for reading ily if u did ok byeeeee}