Why couldn't she cum? Was it because Andre was a prince and he'd ordered her not to? Or was she so submissive that her mind forced her to comply? That overwhelming power she was starting to know very well overflowed her as he thrust into her. Building to unimaginable heights just as her orgasm was.

It was as if she was no longer a being of flesh but something else, something her mind was too small to comprehend. She felt untethered, her bond to Andre the only thing keeping her sane. She felt his presence in whatever state or realm they were in, a being of so much power it was impossible to contain.

"Now!" he commanded. "Cum for me now!"

Helpless to do anything else she did. Her body tumbled over that edge with such intensity it felt like it was being shattered. She felt his roar as he came with her, felt his power and wolf reach for hers. Cari saw stars behind her closed eyes. She'd always scoffed at the idea but now there she was, watching countless stars passing by her and swirling as she seemed to traverse endless worlds at the same time.

She understood their balance, felt it to her core and knew that she really was seeing something more than experiencing the best orgasm Andre had ever given her. It was as if her mind had been opened in some way. And even in this weird state, she felt him, connected even more than ever to her.

Finally, she seemed to come back to herself. Her eyes fluttered open and she could see afterimages of powerful energy in the room. What she felt was even more, a suffocating amount of it. Andre's weight was on top of her, though even then he kept most of it off her body. As weak as she felt, Cari lifted her arms and wrapped them around him to draw him closer. She needed it.

"What are we?" she whispered as the aftershocks of pleasure continued to assault her senses.

"You're Carissa Argyros-Castellanos, princess of the wolf nation and I'm  Fredrico Andreas Salvatore Argyros-Castellanos, prince of our nation."

Even though Cari disagreed with that simple explanation, she felt herself losing her consciousness and gave in.

When she woke up Cari knew what she had to do. It shamed her that she'd put it off for so long. It'd been four days since she'd left her uncle's pack even though it felt like it'd been longer given all that had happened. She turned to look at her mate sleeping peacefully beside her and smiled.

At some point, he'd carried her to the bed and he had his hand around her waist and his leg pinning her to the bed. As if even in sleep he had to guard her. Cari wanted to bask in the comfort of his hold but now that she'd made up her mind she didn't want to give herself more time to chicken out.

As she shifted away from him, his hand instinctively tightened against her, pulling her closer. He'd looked so peaceful in his sleep, calm and almost cute but his eyes snapped open and held a laser focus as they met hers. He was the predator she'd only ever guessed him to be, ruthless, powerful and willing to rend anything in his way.

Cari knew she should be afraid, especially as his commanding aura dominated the room. She was sure anyone in their wing would be feeling the demand to submit that he was issuing. Her heart melted as she understood what was going on in his mind. She'd been so focused on herself that she'd ignored what all this was doing to him.

Lying back down she placed her forehead against his, her gaze glued to his fierce restless one. His body was tense as if he was waiting for something to come out of the shadows and attack. Trying to project calm, she kept her eyes locked on his sensing that his wolf was more in control than his human side.

Contrary to what humans believed and wrote about, werewolf eyes didn't change colour when the wolven personality took over, even when they shifted they had the same eye colour. She didn't say anything, knowing her scent alone would soothe the alpha wolf, that seeing her safe and relaxed would calm him.

A harsh growl escaped him and he flipped them until she was lying on her back and he was pinning her to the bed with his hands holding hers down. "Where were you going?" He demanded.

Any other person would've been cowering at the alpha tone he used but he was her mate and the one thing she knew was that she was the safest person in the world when it came to him. She smiled up at him. "I was just going to get a shower. Would you like one with me or do you intend to keep me prisoner?" she teased.

"You were leaving me," he growled.

Cari wanted to laugh, a delighted laugh but given how volatile her mate was being she refrained. Though she thought her wolf would've been the better of the two to deal with the alpha, she was still labouring under the strain of whatever magic had overtaken them recently. Cari could see her curled up and fast asleep, leaving her to deal with the overwhelmed alpha wolf.

"I will never leave you, my alpha prince," she stated softly. "No matter what."

It broke her heart that he looked so unsure, not of her she knew, but that the world would conspire to take her away from him. Calling her family would have to wait, she had an alpha to reassure.