Jane smiled at him, and if the landing had been any brighter he might have noticed the presence of a gloss of happy tears over her eyes. "You'll just get annoying." She waved him away, taking a sip of the firewhiskey.

Harry pulled the bottle from her hands, ulterior motives in mind as he managed to haphazardly set it down on the small, monstrously decorated side table behind him. "You're pretty." He hummed, coming to a stop in front of her, hands either side of her waist and clutching the wooden bannister.

"Is that my only defining quality?" Jane cocked her head, forever the more confident in these situations - although Harry seemed to have received quite the boost to his morale from the alcohol.

He shook his head, smiling. "Oh no, you have many more."

The grin on her face met her eyes now, blooming to spread across her cheeks."Oh thank god."  She replied, before closing the small distance between them, lips catching his with a natural ease. 

Harry knew he was going to miss her, that wasn't questionable, but there were specific he would miss even more. And kissing her was most certainly up there on one of the things he would yearn for the most. It served, primarily, as a reminder that he actually had her, that he loved her and she loved him, and whilst actions in a relationship were nothing without feelings behind them, there was something about it that made him feel warm and fuzzy inside.

His arms moved around her waist, lifting her hips towards him and further from the railing, her hands roaming over the button-up that had been forced on him by Mrs Weasley for the evening, finally closing around the open collar and pulling him towards her as they broke apart for a pause to breath that lasted only a second before delving back to the addictive source. 

Yet it seemed that it was to be short-lived. Their actions came to a halt as they heard laughter and their heads followed, eyes landing on a pair making their way up the stairs next to them.

"Well shit, look what we have here." Sirius's voice could be heard before he was seen, joined by none other than Remus as they stepped into the light and their arrival was revealed. "Don't look at me like that, Harry, 'm just being the annoying, devilishly vain and hilariously disruptive godfather I never got to be. You best believe James and Ed would've done the same, I'm just giving you the same experience."

"And that makes me...?" Harry had almost expected Remus to not join in on the teasing, but how was quickly proved wrong by the glint in his former teacher's eye. 

"I guess you're taking on the motherly positions in their lives, Godric knows they need one. Look at that, Moons, we're Mum and Dad." Sirius grinned. "And don't you look at me like that, Jane, I haven't had that much to drink." 

"No, I didn't think you had." Jane's eyebrows rose, hardly noticing that Harry had failed to move and she was still pressed against the wooden rails. "So you've both left that party? Was Mrs Weasley okay?"

"Bill and Arthur are with her now." Remus nodded, smiling quietly. "Now I'm just... well.. how do you both know?"

"Jane is very insightful. Harry's slow, but he's been forced to be a little quicker." Sirius replied. "What was it you said about him?" He waved his hand in Jane's direction. "Something about a brick wall?"

"I'm about observant as a brick wall." Harry replied before she could.

Jane's head snapped towards him. "You remembered that?" She asked, smile almost shy now. 

"Yeah." Bashful, one hand left her waist to scratch the back of his neck self-conciously. "Yeah, I remembered."

"Do you think we were like that once, Moons?" Sirius had turned towards his boyfriend like neither of the teens were there. "I suppose Azkaban was a bit of a thorn-in-your-side kinda thing... but before?"

"I reckon." Remus nodded. "At some point." His eyes darted to the stairs behind them, but not before grazing over the small glass bottle. "Ah ha, I was wondering where this had gotten to." He reached forward to take it, pushing it into the pockets of his robes. "Can't have you going to the stations hungover. Goodnight, you two. Come on, Sirius."

"Yes." Sirius stood straight. "Night night, have fun on your last night together."

And as Sirius and Remus passed, the former dug into the pockets of his own velvet jacket and pushed a small metal flask into Harry's hands, a wink delivered alongside it in the moonlight.