Chapter Thirty: Fixing A Broken Situation

(Willow's POV)

I sit there beside Finn as I hold my baby sister in my arms.

My cousins Gloria and Leah and my brother Rye play around.

"Why are you so upset, Willow?" Finn asks, making me turn my head to face him.

"Oh, the report that my entire family was killed in the bombing of our district. Dad was the only one hit. Not me. Not Mom. Just him."

"But what if they got false information?"

"You're pretty smart for a twelve-year-old. Oh....continue."

"Anyways, they might've seen your house halfway burnt to the ground and thought you were all killed by it."

"We'll probably have to live here until they fix it again."

"That's true. But...what if there was someone here in love with you?"

I look at him. "No way."

"Yes. I am in love with you, Willow Primrose Mellark."

Then he kisses me on the lips.

I break away quickly. "I'm too young for this. I don't want to tell my parents that their ten-year-old daughter has a boyfriend two years older than her. I can't have a boyfriend yet, Finn. I'm sorry."

He sighs and gets up and walks away.

My brother sits down where Finn was. "Why did Finny go?"

"Because he loves me."

"Everyone loves you, Willie!"

I smile at him. "Not everyone loves me. Rye, have you ever heard of the Hunger Games?"

He shakes his head. "But Mommy and Daddy always talk about them."

"There's a reason for that, and Auntie Annie knows the reason, because she watched it all happen. Are you ready to leave behind your innocence?"

"What is innocence?"

"Acting like a kid and being free of care and harm."

Rye thinks about it for a second before nodding. "Okay, you go get Auntie Annie and she'll tell you everything."

He nods again, this time excitedly, and runs out. Gloria and Leah sit on either side of me.

This is going to be a long day.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(Katniss's POV)

Peeta's asleep again and his head is getting better and better and soon he'll be able to start walking around again.

Prim walks in and smiles. "So, when did he fall asleep?"

"About twenty minutes ago. Why?"

"Just glad that you got him to sleep after everything he saw in the past hour."

"Me too, Prim. Me too."

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Did you like that?

Oh I took a quiz on what Star Wars alien I am and I got Chewbacca. Yay Chewie!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE