Chapter Twenty-Six: The Outcome Goes Wrong

(Peeta's POV)

The next thing I hear is something hitting the floor upstairs.

"Willow? Katniss?" I frantically call.

"Peeta!" I hear Katniss call back.

I rush up the stairs to where the girls are and find Willow on the floor, holding onto her ankle.

Katniss is sitting beside her. She gets up and rushes over to me. "She was sneaking up on me, but I accidentally hit her and I immediately heard a snap."

"Don't feel guilty about it, Katniss. You didn't know it was her. It's not your fault or hers."

I rush over to Willow and pick her up. "You stay here with the baby. I'll take her to the hospital."

Katniss nods and I rush Willow out the door.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Her leg was snapped badly.

The poor thing.

I'm now sitting beside her hospital bed, quietly singing to her as I brush back her brunette hair.

I kiss her head and continue.

Katniss comes in with Rye in her arms. "How is she?"

"Broken leg. Katniss.....I'm sorry."

"Peeta, don't. It was clearly my fault that I hit her."

"You didn't know she was there. Plus, when she woke up, she didn't mention not liking you for it. She's not blaming you."

She nods and sets Rye back into the stroller she brought along with her.

Prim comes in with her big belly showing greatly. She's only about five months along, but, as I told you already, with twins.

"How is she, Peeta?"

"Broken leg. She'll be fine though."

She smiles at me and I help her to sit down beside me.

"Katniss, how is Rye doing?" she asks her sister.

"Fine. Just a little fussy though. You'll have to deal with double this in seven months, when your kids are three months old."

Prim rolls her eyes and grins at me.

Willow opens her eyes and smiles widely at her aunt. "Hi, Auntie Prim!"

"Hey, baby girl. How you feeling?" Prim asks back.

"Great!" she answers.

Hopefully that'll last.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sorry about not updating! I had youth and there is a storm that's scaring me a lot. (It's probably severe, but I think the tornadoes were down south from where I live.)

Anyways, I hoped you liked it!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE