chapter 2

Shichi started growling. Yuki glanced around, knowing she wasn't allowed outside; only sneaking out when she could. The ones who had captured her knew there was no way off this planet. They turned to go back after Yuki finally coaxed Shichi to stop growling when a bright blue like shot across the sky, only to stop dead just before disappearing beyond the horizon. Yuki knew that no shooting star could possibly do that. Instinct drove her to start running back to her home before anyone began looking at the object that stopped so suddenly and catch her.
Upon seeing her, Red Bear stopped her and allowed her to catch her breathing before speaking. "Yuki, what's wrong?"
Jon Paul entered the room from the balcony. His facial feature drawn tight with unease. He looked like a relatively normal human for a cyborg. The only thing distinctive was the dark brown intricate spotting on his face and down his arms. "Something is coming."
Red Bear straightened and faced Jon Paul. "What did you see? What have you and Yuki seen that's got you so riled up?"
"Metal and lights. Blue and sliver in color; but blurred."
"Let me try..." Yuki uttered from her spot. "I might be able to figure that out." She moved to the window and focused her vision, seeing the unseen. She was the newest cyborg there so most of her abilities were still unknown and untapped. Her vision was the only thing she knew about. Focusing hard on her target she spoke to the others, "I see a woman with long black hair. She's sitting at a desk and talking to someone. I can't see who..."
The door slammed open, jerking everyone's attention to him. "Hide," he hollered. "We're about to have company. Don't let star fleet see you or we will be shut down." Men hiding behind him showed themselves, pushing into the room. Each one began shoving Yuki and the rest of the gang into a tiny room just off the on they were in. Last to get put in was Shichi, who was practically thrown in. Red Bear caught her just before the door slid shut, flooding them with darkness.