New Adventure

Thomas slammed a map down onto and table,

"There." He pointed at an area that was circled "That's it, just a few hundred miles. Based on the railways and what Aris told us, that's gotta be where Minho is."

"If we follow them, we can make it within a week." Y/n finishes.

"A week?" Vince resorts "It took us six months to get here. We can't just hide out here after what we just pulled? You don't even know what's there."

"I do." Jorge spoke up "It's been a few years, but I've been there. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, hermano."

"It's nothing we haven't done before." Thomas says.

"Yeah, with months of planning." Vince says.

"Look, I've thought this through-"

"Last time we did this, I lost everything! You remember that? I know it's Minho... but you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for one man." Vince says firmly.

Then, the radio started to pick up voices... WICKED voices.

"Shit... it's the lights! Turn them off!" Y/n yelled, and everyone cut the power.

Vince, Y/n and Thomas ran outside to check if there was anyone there, and sure enough, two helicopters with search lights were going over the buildings and the boat. Luckily, they didn't raid any suspicion and flew away,

"That was close." Y/n said.

"Too close." Vince added.

"You're right... we can't stay here." Thomas says. Vince claps a hand on his shoulder, then walks away. Y/n looks to Thomas... pondering his words.

"What are you thinking?"

"We need to leave." Was what he said.

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said. I'm done with putting people in danger, me and you are going tomorrow."

"What? Thomas, your not really considering leaving all of the people we finally trust because of a close call, are you?"

Thomas just looked at her, not wanting to admit it.

"I can't believe you..."

"Just hear me out. There is no way in hell I'm leaving you, so if it were just you and me, nobody else would be in danger!"

"This really isn't a good idea. We've always made it out together, why is this time any different?"

Thomas didn't know what to say to that.

"See, this is called being scared. It makes you do stupid things, and I'm not letting you do this."

"Then don't come."

"W-What?"

He pulled her into a kiss so passionate, that she can't help by kiss back.

"I love you." He says "But I guess you staying here would keep you safe."

Then walks off without a word, leaving Y/n speechless.

************
Later into the night, Thomas tried sneaking away. It was with a slightly heavy heart, but he needed everyone (especially Y/n) safe and away from harm.

As far as Thomas is concerned, that's not gonna happen when their with him. He reached the car was going to take...

"Where do you think your going then?"

He knew that accent anywhere.

A small lamp was turned on, revealing Newt with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Newt..."

"Don't be a twat about it, I'm already in." He says, taking the bag from his hands. Thomas sighs,

"No, no. Not this time, even if we find Minho, there is no guarantee we'll make it out."

"Well, you'll need all the help you can get then." Y/n says, appearing behind the truck, in her combat jacket and leather gloves. Thomas though she looked very hot, but still sighed again,

"...I should have known you told him."

"Oh I didn't just tell him."

Newt opened the door of the truck to reveal Frypan sitting in the drivers seat.

"We started this together... may as well end it that way too." Newt says.

"...fine... let's go get him back." Thomas says.

"I told you he'd say yes!" Y/n says to her brother as they all got in the truck.

"Oh shut up you." Thomas says to her with a smile.

************
They drove until the next morning, the sun coming up over the horizon was a sight for sore eyes.

"How far are we?" Y/n asked from the back to Thomas in the front.

"I don't know how long it will take us, but we're still quite a while away." He replies.

"But we've been driving for hours!"

"I can't control time!" Thomas says playfully.

"Then learn!"

"I'm not that amazing."

Y/n leans forward to when he sat with a smirk on her face, she leans down into his ear and 'whispers',

"Oh but you are... remember yesterday... when we were alone and you ran your tongue-"

"Whoa!! Don't need to hear that thank you!!" Newt says as he pulls Y/n to the back of the car, making everyone laugh.

"I'm actually intrigued, what did Thomas do with your tongue, Y/n?" Frypan asked, now getting in on ganging up on Newt.

"Well... it went all the way down to my-"

"No!! Stop!!"

"Okay okay! I'll stop!" Y/n gave in and everyone was silent for a few moments...

"I'll tell you." Thomas says still wanting to take the piss out of Newt "When she laid down and she was shirtless, my tongue went between her-"

Newt lurched for Thomas and put a hand round his mouth before he could say anymore,

"If you say anything more about what the bloody hell your doing to my sister, I'll make sure you'll never do it again to her." He says, trying to sound serious but having a wild grin on his face.

"Fine fine..." He says, then everyone laughed loudly.

These are the moments that are precious to them...

But eventually, they had to stop. They were now in front of a dark tunnel where an infection testing area would be. They all got out and assessed the tunnel,

"You want us to go through there?" Newt asks, having a bad feeling about this. "I don't want to come across too negative but if I was a Crank that's exactly where I'd be."

"I don't think we have much of a choice." Thomas says, looking at the map.

"Alright... I get shotgun."

1039 words (not including this)

Am I portraying Y/n as annoying? I feel like I am... I don't mean to.

-F