New Greenie

Y/n woke up to the sound of low male voices from outside her hut. The sun was shining through the walls, making her squint.

It had been a few months since she came up from the box, and she had grounded herself. This felt like home to her.

She had built friendships with many people, it was surprisingly easy since she was the only girl and she was surrounded by horny boys. Good thing there were decent people.

Like Newt, she had a close relationship with him, almost brotherly...

And Minho, every since the first day she arrived, she had always wanted to become a runner and he was the one to talk to. Since then, they had remained friends.

There was Chuck, the youngest of the lot, yet he seemed to be one of the more level headed people.

And Alby, he was the first person to end up here so therefore, the leader, since he had been here the longest.

When Y/n came up, she always got the sense he wasn't too keen on her. It was probably because she was a female, I know it sounds sexist but it was the only explanation.

Over time though, Alby grew to trust her, and almost admire her and how she handled the boys sometimes.

The voices of the Gladers getting louder snapped her out of her daze.

Must be a new Greenie.

Y/n got up, got into a change of clothes, made her hair look more presentable and walked outside to see, as she predicted, the boys surrounding a new kid.

She ran over to them, getting a closer look at who the new Greenie was. She was significantly shorter than the others so it was hard to see, but she did see he scared and confused face.

...a very attractive scared and confused face.

He had deep brown eyes and brown hair with freckles on his face,

All of the other boys just laughed at him, she honestly doesn't know why they do this,

"Kid looks like a slopper to me!" A voice said.

"I could use some help in the kitchen." Frypan said.

Y/n tried to push through them all, but she didn't need to because the Greenie leaped up and took a run for it across the Glade.

"Where does he think he's going?" She muttered to herself.

"Hey, we got a runner!!" Zart yelled in tease.

But he wasn't wrong though, Greenie could run fast.

But, it didn't last long. He tripped and fell, making everyone laugh. Y/n rolled her eyes,

"Boys..." She sighed.

You see, her and Alby are usually the ones that help the new Greenie's settle in because their the only sensitive ones in the bunch.

Some of the boys picked up the new kid, much to his protest, and dumped him in the pit.

Harsh, but we didn't want to risk him running again.

She watched him gaze out of the doorway, looking so concerned. The more she did... the more she felt she had known him from somewhere...

"Y/n." A voice brought her back from her trance.

"Oh, hey Newt." She said to him before looking back at the new Greenie.

"Someone caught your eye?" He teased.

"Ha ha very funny, I just feel like I know him from somewhere..." She explained, looking at Alby now talking to him.

"Isn't that what you do to me when you first saw me?"