Its Always Been WICKED

Thomas finally came back from his little adventure, making everyone spring up.

"Thomas! Where the hell did you go? We need to tell you something-" Newt tried to say but got cut off by worried words,

"We gotta go, we gotta go!" He said, running around in panic.

"Thomas wait! Just listen!" Y/n tried to stop him but she just got pushed out of the way. Ouch... Thomas got a bed sheet and started tying it around the door handle, acting as a lock.

"Thomas what's going on!?" Minho shouted. The boy kept muttering inaudible things to himself like a mad man, Frypan tried to talk to Aris but he was in a state of shock.

"Thomas will you calm down and tell us what's going on!!" Newt demanded.

"She's still alive." He said.

"Who? Teresa?" Winston asked.

"Ava."

"Ava? Will you just turn around and talk to us!" Newt kept saying.

"It's WICKED!!" He yelled.

"I know."

He looked at Y/n who was just standing there with a blank expression on her face,

"I told them after you left us! If you'd have just stayed here, we could have gotten out of here a lot quicker! Their probably on their way now, so stop panicking and calm down." She said to him. Thomas felt guilt consume him,

"Y/n I'm so so-"

"It's alright. I know you were trying to protect us but you've got to stop going of doing your own thing. We're in this together, alright?" She said to him softly. Thomas nodded "Now, let's find Teresa and get out of this hell hole."

"How are we gonna do that?" Frypan asked.

"I know a way." Aris spoke up. "I can show you, follow me."

All of them crawled through the vents, following the boy and they found themselves in a, thankfully, empty hallway.

"Come on let's move!" Thomas lead the way.

"You guys go ahead, there's something I've gotta do." Aris said.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked.

"Trust me it's important. You guys wanna get out of here, right? Just go."

"I'll go with him." Winston said, and the two went back into the vent.

Everyone else went right and started speed walking down,

"Are you sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asks.

"I don't know where I'd be without him." Thomas replied. They turned a corner and bumped into a doctor, they all froze.

"What are you kids doing out?" She asked. Then the alarms started to go off, not really giving a reason for them to explain why. Then Y/n spoke up,

"Your the woman that did the tests on Teresa..." She muttered. The woman's eyes widened "Tell us where she is." She demanded. The woman's was outnumbered, so she had to give in.

They all drug her along the many corridors, Minho obtaining a gun from kicking a random officer into a wall along the way, but they eventually got to the place where she was.

"Where is she?!" Thomas shouted at everyone that was there. They all looked to a curtain that was covering something, bingo. He passed the gun to Y/n, who then pointed it at the doctors that were now on their knees on the floor.

She saw Thomas go over to Teresa, stroking her shoulder and brushing some hair off her face... a pang of jealousy rushed through her, but soon brushed it off

"Guys we gotta move their coming!" Frypan said, before Newt pushed over a trolly blocking the doorway a little. Teresa got up, saw Y/n and rushed over to her, engulfing her in a hug,

"Thank god your okay! I saw what they did to you-"

"It wasn't your fault, I'm alright now. We're getting out of here, I'll explain later." She said hugging back tightly, then pulling away. The guards were close to opening to the door,

"Guys we gotta do something!" Minho said. Thomas looked at the large window behind them, and got a lightbulb moment.

"Everyone get back. Newt help me!" They both grabbed a chair and threw it at the window, making shatter into tiny pieces. Everyone climbed through the new hole, trying not to get cut by the glass, which was hard.

They opened the exit door, and was met with another security guard. Y/n pushed in front of Thomas and shot the man in the chest. He fell to the floor, but he wasn't bleeding, he was jittering and spasming as an electricity flowed through him.

"Well, I guess that takes care of that problem." She muttered looking at the gun in her hands.

They all began running again, going past the guy in the floor being electrocuted. They found themselves at the end of a corridor, what a surprise. The metal doors were locked, so Thomas got the key card out and tried to open it.

It didn't work.

"Shit, no, no, no, no!" He said, desperately swiping it down but seeing a red light each time.

"Thomas!" Janson said at from the other end of the hall. Thomas took the gun from Y/n and aimed it at the man,

"Open the door Janson!!"

"Listen to me!! I'm trying to save your life! You won't last a day out in the scorch, if the sun won't kill you the Cranks will." The man said with his arms up in 'defence'. "I only want what's best for you.."

"Yeah, lemme guess, WICKED is good?" Thomas spat, he could hear his friends trying to open the door behind him. Janson sighed,

"Your not getting through that door, Thomas."

And, as if on cue, the door made a beeping sound and the light turned green. It opened to reveal Aris and Winston, "Hey guys."

They all ran through, calling Thomas to follow. He tried to fire a few shots at the people in front but they all bounced off of the shields they had. Suddenly, the door started to close,

"No! Thomas run!!" Y/n shouted to him, same as everyone else. He ran as fast as he could, and at the last second, slid under the door just as it closed, trapping the men behind it.

Aris hit the control panel, to make sure Janson couldn't get through. Thomas stuck his middle finger up at them in tease,

"Come on, we gotta go!" Y/n grabbed his hand and they both ran hand in hand through the wear house. They opened the main entrance door and immediately got blown in the face by sand, but they ran out none the wiser.

It was difficult to run in sand, especially upwards. So when they tried to run away from armed agents, it wasn't easy. Thomas kept Y/n's hand the whole time, he didn't want another time where she's almost taken from him.

Teresa ran ahead, running down a sand dune trying to find a place to seek refuge,

"Teresa wait!" Y/n yelled over the storm, catching up to her. They both found... well, they didn't really know. It looked like the top of a greenhouse, it was a set of windows leading into a building in the sand.

Thankfully, one of the windows was smashed and a perfect doorway to go inside...

This was a bad idea... but they didn't have a choice.

1223 words (not including this)

Okay okay, I'm feeling it now. Action!! Whoo!

-F