9 - Ignore

Chapter 09 - Ignore
---
Habba this chapter is kinda wordy
- -

Levi fastened his pace. He avoided passing through possible places Mikasa night be in. But he could never avoid training, it was his responsibility. Regret. If he didn't just act all clumsy and kissed Mikasa, maybe he didn't have to hide from the world. He arrived at the training ground and they saluted. The temptation of looking at Mikasa's beautiful features is killing him.

"Eren" Levi called. Eren looked a little scared as if knowing what was in it for him.

"Go to Hanji, the well's all good" he said pointing his thumb over his shoulder. Eren gulped and nodded.

"The rest of you, proceed to training grounds" Levi ordered. He looked at Eren before turning away. "I won't be training with you, you now the drill anyway" he said before walking away.

He decided to go back to his office since his paperworks are now overflowing. And it's all Mikasa's fault, he couldn't focus on his work since yesterday. Mikasa's pump and redish lips mingled in Levi's mind as a distraction.

He run his hand over to his face then his neck. He popped his neck and stretched his arms before going on to his work. Most of it was about the latest expedition. Mikasa would look damn sexy slaying all those titans. Levi, stop it. She can't be with you.

He finished one-fourth of the paperworks before leaving the office and checking on what Hanji is doing, still avoiding Mikasa at all cause.

Hanji and Eren are training at the well once again. Levi cursed mentally at the sight of the two. Hanji saw him and ran to him.

"Good timing Levi! I need you-"

"No" Levi deadpanned.

"Oh come on! I think the kid's afraid to jump, help him out" Hanji pleaded. Levi stared at her then back at Eren.

"I'll help you out with Mikasa" Hanji added. The temptation was evident. He did need someone to help him with her, since he was not an expert in love. But it's too late for that, Mikasa is now just a painful spot on Levi's. She doesn't need him, she doesn't have to be with him, she shouldn't be with him. While for him, she was all he need. He swore silently. How could that girl have so much effect on him?

"I don't need it" Levi snapped and headed towards Eren. Eren looked terrified when Levi raised his leg for a good kick stance.

"Get in there already!" He cursed and kicked Eren. He walked away with his stoic expression and an explosion at the back. His job there was done. But he made one mistake.

Mikasa.

She was there. Their eyes made contact. His lips parted slightly when he saw her. God, she was the most beautiful creature that he have ever saw in his entire life and he was grateful for that, but a beautiful creature like her can never be with him. She took a step forward but he rolled on the ball of his feet and walked away.

It didn't feel right to walk away from her. It felt like he was torturing himself.

"Lev-" Hanji was cut off by his growl. She gripped his wrist but he flicked it away. He fastened his pace and didn't dare to look back. He couldn't stand the thought of looking at her hurt expression. Hurt because of Eren, not because of him. It boiled him inside thinking of Mikasa caring for Eren, even if she did it everyday. But he had better self control.

- -

Mikasa stared at Levi's back whislt he goes. He had been avoiding her since that night and it was slowly corrupting her, for some reasons. As much as she didn't want to believe it, she missed him. She missed the way they would compete in trainings, she missed how he creeped the life off her when he watches her clean the bathroom, amd she missed those glares he gave.