Prologue

Hey. Just so you know, I've been watching AOT AGAIN. I understood it better now that I'm older, and I love how Levi and Mikasa conflicts. How they protect Eren, how they hate and how strong they are. so yes, maybe this story won't last that long. BUT BE GOOD TO ME XD THE LAST TIME I WROTE IN WATTPAD WAS THE SUMMER OF 2014

- -

Erwin had summoned Levi to his office. Clearly irritated, Levi walked pass the long hall way. Every other time, he would flinch due to his injured foot that he gained during the encounter with the female titan. Aside from that, the hallway was dusty that his eyes twitched a lot. Jeez, filthy as fuck. He entered Erwin's office with a disgusted face. Even his captain's office was a mess.

"Levi" Erwin called. Levi sighed and came close to Erwin. Erwin was looking out his window when he called him.

"What is it Erwin, I have lot of paperworks to do" he asked. He crossed his arms and looked at his back.

"You can't lie to me, Levi. You received no paperworks, the last paperworks given to you was three days before the expedition. And besides, I called you here to talk about Special Operations Squad--" Erwin was not able to finish his sentence at all.

"They didn't die in vain." Levi's eyes turned to slit and his voice darkened. Memories of his team die flooded his mind.

"I know they didn't" Erwin titled his head to Levi's direction. He knew how much his friend hated unnecessary casualties. Levi's eyes were covered by his hair.

"But we have no time to mourn, my friend. I'm giving you a new squad to help you with Eren" Erwin announced. Levi's eyes widened after hearing what the captain had just said, but returned neutral.

"I am perfectly capable of watching over the brat" he said confidently.

"I know you are. But I want you to train these rookies. They are quite interesting." Erwin managed to put a thin smile on his lips, but careful enough to not appear like too much insensitive after what happened to Levi. But knowing his cold friend, he never shows too much affection on whats happening.

"Tss, what are you talking about. Rookies on the Special Operations Squad? I hate being around with too many people, especially when they are not competitive enough to face my trainings. Tell me Erwin, are they elite enough to be actually one of the squad?" Levi said in complete coldness, but such things doesn't scare the captain.

Squad Levi was a special one, they go on missions like a normal squad do, but they don't sacrifice their selves in expeditions, they don't look out for titans nearby, they have sorely different purpose. Like in the case of Eren, Squad Levi was in charge of keeping him safe and cool. They always carry big responsibilities. The lost of his team mates was a big deal.

"Don't worry Levi. I'm giving you 104th Trainees' top 10 students. But Leonhart will be of Hanji's hands as of now. You are aware that she is frozen, right? This kids possess amazing talents. Infact, I called their top one to meet you here and--" Erwin was cut off. His office doors opened and revealed a woman with black hair, and pale skin. She saluted to the captain.

"Speak of the devil! Come miss Ackerman. You and your friends will be in the hands of my friend Captain Levi, please inform your friends." Erwin said to her. Mikasa gasped mentally then glared at Levi badly.

She gave him an 'are you kidding me'? look while he gave her an 'i know right?' look as a reply. The temptation of sticking her sword in his neck was unenviable but this was no place to do it. She had reasons to hate him.

1. He actually beat Eren with no mercy in front of many people.
2. He left Eren, causing him to be eaten by the female titan 3. He was one short evil man

"Ackerman, would you be kind to introduce yourself to your captain" Erwin placed a smile on his teeth. 'Tch, he just thinks I feel very bad about my team' Levi thought mentally.

"No need, either way, I'm still gonna see you all spoiled brats tomorrow" Levi insisted. Erwin looked at the two.

"I see" Erwin said.

"Sir! Are we allowed to talk to Eren then?" Mikasa asked the blonde captain, hoping it is a yes.

"Well that depends on your squad leader. But don't worry Levi here is a nice man, I'm sure he wouldn't mind" Erwin laughed lowly. Levi looked preferably annoyed and slightly embarrassed. How could the captain talk about him like that?, a nice man.

"Tch" was all Levi could say.

"Ackerman, you know what to do as of now. You are dismissed" Erwin said. Mikasa saluted before leaving the office.

Shortly after Mikasa left, Levi heavily sighed.

"I can't replace them just like that" Levi said. Erwin was amazed that his face stayed normal even after saying those words.

"But I guess I have no choice." He added. Erwin nodded at him and dismissed him. He returned his gaze to window, specifically the wall that protects them.

✖✖✖✖

I decided to start here for a reason x