Chapter 51

I gulped the slump in my throat, taking off his jacket. I took a deep intake of air, but it didn't help. Taehyung had already left after dropping me back.

Cool. First do idiotic stuff and then be scared like courage the cowardly dog!

Hopefully, they will be asleep by now. Yes, they should be. I thrusted the jacket in my bag and opened the entrance as cautiously as I could but to my dismay, the bright lights blinded my vision.

My mom stood in front, glaring daggers that pierced my soul. My father was sitting on the couch, sipping on black coffee at this hour! He really is a caffeine addict. Minho was standing, leaning to the wall. Bloody gremlin cannot even stand straight!

Will I end this tragedy or will this tragedy end me. Stay tuned.

"Where were you?" My mom asked in a stern tone.

Your honour, I was just being silly.

"I was with Mi Hi," I responded straight.

"Did I ask you whom you were with? I asked where you were?"

"At her-"

"Look at this," she handed me her mobile phone. My eyes widened at what I saw, blood chilled down in my veins. I managed to keep in my disgust for them, my ultimate contempt.

"You tracked me? You were tracking me..." I blubbered.

"Of course we were. From the day you didn't attend the shareholders meet, we have been tracking you."

I nodded mutely. So they already know. Then why ask me? Let me sleep.

"Yes, I went to a concert. I am sorry."

"The concert ended hours ago, young lady," she said.

"Forget that," my father interrupted, "what's this?" He pushed the stack of papers on the table causing them to fall down.

I was perplexed, I didn't knew what they were talking about. Did they found out one piece?

"Mind explaining, Miss Abigail?" My mother questioned and that took me by stupor.

How did they even know? Fucking gremlin. I turned my head to glance at Minho who was shaking his head as if telling me that he wasn't responsible. Holy donuts!

"I was looking through your room, and I found these under the mattress of your bed. What kind of act is this, Jee?" She asked.

I can't just let my education go a waste, sitting idly at home, haunted by the eloquence of silence. You never let me prove myself, never thought of me worthy for anything else than an asset. I have a freaking sense of my own that I am allowed to use.

"We are asking you Jee, and not a mime! Is this how you were brought up?" My father grunted.

"Dad... I was about to tell you. But I never-"

"What's this?" My mother interjected. Yeah okay, first you guys speak.

She walked upto me and deliberately lifted up my hair by the side, taking a view of my burnt neck. I watched my dad and Minho's eyes widen. Dad stood up from his seat and a wild terror ran through my nerves.

"Jee... You..." Minho blurted out but instantly sealed his lips in a thin line.

"It is not what you are interpreting," I tried clearing out in a calm tone.

"Show me your bag!" She asked.

I wish I would have thrown it and then simply sang - Did you see my bag?

My hands gripped the straps of my back pack but I saw Dad gesturing Minho to take charge. He gave me a sympathetic look but eventually took the bag from my back, opening it - The first thing they saw was Yoongi's Jacket.

"Mom, it's really-" I was interrupted the third time but this time with a force that caused a vibration on my cheeks. It was hard, enough to shake sense back into me. First time, they actually slapped me. Now, am I justified to hate them? You won't question my hate now?

I closed my eyes, feeling the sting as blood reached the inflicted area. They were not ready to listen, even if they listen they won't agree.

Why can't I just bite the people who piss me off? Like what's the fucking issue here.

I sighed and bowed, "I'm sorry. This won't happen again."

"Go back to your room. Now." My father threatened and I nodded, walking with my head hung low. Not at myself, at their immense stupidity.

"Keep your phone here. Also, there is conference tomorrow, I hope you won't disappoint us then," my mom said and I complied. Placing my phone on the table, I rushed back to my room.

My room was a mess. Bedsheet on the floor, my wardrobe was haywire. All drawers opened. I looked around for my macbook but no trace of it. Rummaging through the already messed up room, I tried my best to find it but nothing.

I plunged into the bathroom, and there it was. My Mac was now the Titanic under the waters of my own bathtub. My parents were always glaciers in the path of my flow!

I pulled it out. Come on Apple, you have to work! Opening it, its condition was deplorable. The screen was if used for crushing walnuts. It wasn't working. A few more papers in the tub were all a mess.

Things I am handling well right now:-
1.

I saw Yoongi's letter that he gave me on my birthday. The paper was ruined and drenched, the ink was smudged and I could make out nothing except the middle finger he drew.

I got up and threw the macbook from my lap to the floor. Taking out a bathbomb, I threw it in the waters, that were now the graveyard of my work.

Without caring about the bits of papers that were floating in it or my clothes that were still on me, I buried myself in that graveyard.

A slight smile twitched my face, "So, this is how dreams end."

At least it was worth a try.

•••

(A/N: Have closed all my doors and windows. Don't kill me if you want Yoongi and Jee safe. )