Chapter 54

I was struggling to clasp my neckpiece as the extravagant gown on my petite frame made it difficult to move. Where the fuck are all those beauticians and makeup artists that were attending me?

All of a sudden, I felt cold fingers on my neck, helping me out. I could not see them, as they were behind me.

As they were done, I turned back. There was a man in a tuxedo, and a mask concealing his pale face, Yoongi. Freaking fuck, my heart just skipped a beat. My face broke into a big smile and I forgot that today was a marriage I do not want, my marriage.

"Yoongi! How come you're here? It's so nice to see you," I genuinely beamed.

He sighed, taking off his mask. Happy that there was no one in the room.

"Are you happy?"

My smile faltered a little bit I forced it back, "Obviously dude, today is my wedding. Why wouldn't I be happy?"

"Stop lying, Jee," he insisted.

Somehow, I could not meet his eyes, "I am not lying. There is nothing wrong with an arranged marriage and it's Suho, I know him-"

"Do you love him?"

"No. But I will eventually, at least that's what I think!"

"You are a coward. After all this, you're still a coward," he said in an undertone.

You think I don't know? It hurts like a bitch.

"I... I am not a coward." I protested.

"You are binding yourself in a relationship that you know you don't want to. I can't even say that it's forced upon because you never protested. What do I call this? Dutiful or cowardice?"

"Cowardice," I responded dully, "yes, I am a coward and that's it. Please go if you came for making me realise that I am a coward. Stay if you wanna be a part of my wedding."

"Be a part of the ceremony that buries your individuality? Hell nah! And even you are not being a part of it. Come with me, Jee. I miss you terribly, the world has never been so quiet before."

My eyes widened in cognizance, "You... You are asking me to runaway from my own wedding?"

He nodded shamelessly.

"Yoongi, this is not a movie or fiction. This is my life. What will I do once I runaway? I have no one-"

"You have me."

I rolled my eyes at his unreasonable persistence.

"Yoongi, you don't understand-"

"I understand more than you. So, shut up." He lent out his hand towards me, "Come with me."

I was just looking into his eyes, the world was falling apart. It was just him reaching out for me. My arteries were pumping at an ever high pace. I heard someone's footsteps and I could feel the nervous breakdown within me. What if someone saw him? How foolish of him?

"I am waiting Jee," he said. The volume of the footsteps increased. There were thousands of voices that signified the wedding. Me and Suho, we were getting married today.

"Believe in me," he continued and fuck! I placed my hand in his and he gave me a warm smile and nodded.

"Now what?" I asked as he did nothing.

"I don't know, I came up through that pipe, you cannot go like that..." He said.

I'm a nice person but I am about to throw rocks at some people. Him in particular.