11

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The radio was playing music quietly from the corner of Riki's bedroom. The sound of rain tapping lightly against the window alongside the acoustics of a guitar was enough to want to send Jia off to sleep.

She was sat against Riki's bed, wrapped up in a blanket as she waited for him to finish an exam question she had set for his revision.

Secretly, she was admiring his features as he was quickly scribbling down words onto the paper. His eyebrows were furrowed together in concentration, his lips slightly parted as his tongue occasionally darted out. His dark hair fell over his forehead, shielding his eyes from Jia's view.

"Done."

Riki's sudden announcement snapped Jia out of her daze, which Riki seemed to notice as a small smirk appeared on his face.

"Were you staring at me, Jia?" Riki asks lowly, his eyes not leaving hers as she held her breath.

"No, why would I do that?" Jia huffs, embarrassment washing over her as she looks down at his essay.

"I don't know, you tell me," Riki says, shifting over to the bed to sit next to her.

Jia's breath hitches as she feels him suddenly pressed up beside her, leaning over to look at her marking his work.

"Well I wasn't staring at you, so there's nothing to tell," Jia mumbles, looking up at him for second before shifting her gaze once again.

"I think you're lying to me," Riki says, laughing in amusement, causing Jia to blush a dark shade of red.

"You seem to be enjoying this." She mutters, taking notice of the smirk that had been stuck on his face since he finished writing the essay.

"You're right, I am." Riki says matter of factly as he stretches his long legs out in front of him. "There's no need to be embarrassed though."

Jia doesn't respond, not wanting to give him the satisfaction he clearly desired.

Jia never thought much about whether she was attracted to Riki. She rarely had crushes in the past, finding that most boys either chose to tease her or didn't even notice her presence in the first place.

Therefore, Jia didn't know whether she had a crush on Riki, seeing as she had nothing to compare it to. However, she couldn't deny that she was attracted to the boy, which he quite clearly had figured out too.

Perhaps it was his height, or maybe it was his dark hair and eyes, which sharply contrasted against his fair and pale skin. Jia specifically liked the small mole that sat on the end of his chin, as well as his lips, although she didn't want to think too much about them.

"What are you thinking about?"

Jia suddenly jumped, Riki once again interrupting her from her thoughts as she turned to look at him.

"How bad your essay writing skills are." Jia huffs, correcting one of his spelling mistakes and underlining areas for improvement.

"Hey! You said I had improved last week." Riki protests, ripping the essay out of her hands to read her comments.

"Well, apparently I was wrong." Jia says bluntly, trying to hide her smirk at Riki's sulky expression.

"I think this is decent stuff," Riki says as he scans over his essay, ignoring the criticisms Jia had wrote down.

"It's better than your last one, but there's still areas for improvement," Jia says as Riki passes her back the essay.

He groans dramatically, throwing his head back to rest it on the edge of his bed, "you're just a genius."

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not. If I was a genius, I'd be naturally smart. I only get good grades because I revise all the time." Jia says, shaking her head at Riki in disagreement.

Riki hums in response, "I wish I had the motivation to put in time to study for exams."

"I don't enjoy doing it, but I feel as if I have to," Jia mumbles, lifting her legs onto the bed to rest next to Riki's head as her upper half lies on the floor.

"I think it's time you put yourself and your own aspirations first," Riki says, sitting up so he could lean over to get a clear view of the girl lying on the floor.

"Maybe, one day." Jia says quietly.

Riki huffs in response, clearly not satisfied with her comment. 

"We really are opposites, aren't we?" Riki states, "I feel like you need to take some notes out of my book and I need to take some notes out of yours."

Jia smiles at that, nodding her head in agreement. "I'm already teaching you how to study, what am I going to learn from you?"

"How to follow your own path."

"Wow, inspirational," Jia says, giggling softly, "it sounds like you've just quoted something out of a pinterest board I would've made when I was thirteen."

"Shut up," Riki mumbles, blushing in embarrassment "I'm being serious."

"I know, I'm sorry." Jia says, a fond expression overtaking her features as she looks up at the boy, who stares back at her.

"You know...opposites are supposed to attract, right?" Riki says, his expression unmoving as he keeps eye contact with the girl.

"We're people...not magnets." Jia says simply, raising an eyebrow at Riki, who looked unimpressed.

Suddenly, something runs over to Jia and jumps on her stomach, causing her to gasp in shock.

"What is on top of me?!" Jia cries, quickly pulling the blanket down only to be met with the face of a small dog.

"Ah- Jia, meet Bisco," Riki says, smiling as Jia lies there, her nose almost touching the Bisco's.

"Hi...Bisco." Jia says softly as she strokes the small dog's soft fur.

The dog nuzzles its face under Jia's chin, causing her to giggle as it was so ticklish. Riki smiles at the sight, quickly taking out his phone to take a picture before Jia notices.