07

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"A boat trip? You've got to kidding me." Yeona groans as the bus arrives at a small ferry port later that day.

"You don't like boats?" Jia asks in amusement as Yeona curls up into a ball and hides her face between her knees.

"I get so sick on boats! I'm sitting this out-"

"I have travel sickness tablets if you want one," Jay suddenly spoke up from the row next to them, to which Yeona peeks up from between her knees. "I also get really travel sick so I carry them with me."

"Oh- sure I'll have one," Jia says before taking one from Jay's hand, "thank you."

"It's okay." Jay says before turning back to Sunghoon.

"That was friendly of him." Jia says as she rests her head on Yeona's shoulder.

"I don't want to be rude but, who is he again?" Yeona whispers down at Jia, who snickers in response.

"His name is Jay, he's in the year above us and he's in the school newspaper club." Jia explains as Yeona nods in understanding.

"How do you even know that?" Yeona asks as she looks down at Jia.

"Sunoo is friends with him." Jia replies, as she peaks her head over her seat to see Sunoo and Jungwon bickering over something.

"What are you two arguing over?"

Jungwon jumps, glaring up at Jia, Sunoo reacting the same way shortly after.

"Don't scare me like that Jia!" Sunoo cries as he pinches her nose.

Jia rolls her eyes before poking his cheek, "answer my question!"

"Jungwon can explain." Sunoo huffs before turning around in the opposite direction to Jungwon.

"He's being dramatic, I just took one of his mint chocolates, that's all." Jungwon explains as Jia winces at his words.

"You took... one of his mint chocolates?"

"Yes? Sharing is caring! I don't see what the big deal is here." Jungwon says, a dumbfounded expression on his face as he looks in between them both.

"Oh Sunoo, I'm so sorry about him," Jia says as she unbuckles her seat belt and kneels next to his seat, "is there anything I can do to help?" Jia asks as she holds his face in her hands.

"Hey, Jake, are you seeing this shit?" Riki says as he pokes the boy on the row next to him. The two look down a few rows behind them and immediately burst into laughter at the sight of an exasperated Jungwon, an unbothered Yeona and Jia acting like a concerned mother towards a sulking Sunoo.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Yeona stood on the top of the deck, trying to appreciate the views of mountains lining the lake in front of her, however she felt herself feeling more and more sick as the boat crashed against the waves.

"Are you feeling okay?" Jay asks Yeona as he comes to stand next to her. Yeona flinches slightly, before quickly nodding in response.

"I-I'm great! Thank you for the travel sickness tablet again," Yeona replies shakily, as she attempts to give a reassuring smile that came across as more pained and forced than anything.

"They've clearly not done much, you look really sick," Jay points out, a concerned expression on his face.

"I'll be okay, I'm just going to stay up here for a bit l-longer." Yeona says as she gives him a small smile.

"I'll stay with you."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Jia was exploring around inside the boat, not that there was much to explore, but she made the most of it.

Sunoo, Jungwon and Yeona had gone up to the top deck, however Jia thought it was far too cold to venture up there.

She begins to walk down a flight of stairs to get to the second floor of the boat until she hears two voices speaking. She recognises one of them being Seok's, a boy from her class.

"Did you see Sunoo and Jia on the bus? They're such freaks, I swear." She hears Seok say, causing her to stop dead in her tracks.

"I think they were just joking about."

Wait... is that Riki?

"Clearly you've never met either of them," Seok says before laughing obnoxiously, "Sunoo is a weirdo and Jia? The girl is a sociopath. I'm convinced of it."

"What do you mean?" Riki asks, confusion laced his voice.

"She clearly has no social life, all she cares about is school and her grades- I mean, what a sad existence that must be," Seok scoffs before continuing, "I mean, she's just so uptight! Like I've tried to speak to her once or twice and I got nothing in return."

"She's nice to me." Riki says, sounding uncomfortable in the conversation.

"That's a shock- but I swear I heard you complaining about her at lunch one time, didn't you say she was a wretch or something?" Seok says before erupting into laughter.

Jia felt tears forming in the corner of her eyes, and she held her breath as she waited for Riki's response.

"I mean, yeah I did." Riki says before laughing awkwardly.

"There we go! They're social rejects, the both of them," Seok says amusingly, "I'd avoid them at all costs!"

Riki doesn't respond to that, but instead changes the topic. "Let's go to the top deck, I want to take some photos of the view."

Jia immediately runs out the door she entered from, quickly wiping her tears away as she tries to find a bathroom.

When she finally finds one, she runs into the closest stall and locks the door behind her. She lets her tears flow with no resistance and covers her face with her hands.

She's used to people being judgemental towards her, and she never usually lets it affect her in any way. People can think what they like.

But when it came to Riki, her heart hurt at the thought of him talking badly about her behind her back.

Maybe it was too soon to consider them friends, but Jia truly thought they were on there way towards being friends. She enjoyed being with him, and despite their rocky start, he felt like a breath of fresh air for her.

But clearly, Riki didn't feel the same way.

And thats what hurt her the most.