xxiii. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

Start bij het begin

"So, what'd you do?" Beth leaned on her knees to listen.

"I stayed up all night on youtube learning how to make a dream catcher, for her bed dreams. It was so hard, I took three crying breaks." he laughed at the memory, making her laugh in return. "But, I got it finished about ten minutes before going to school. It was small but I liked it. I remember I attached these little beads to five little strings, and weaved the middle part. That's what had me crying because it was so difficult."

"So, you gave it to her on her last day?" the Greene girl blinked, waiting for him to go on.

"No, I left it in her backpack with a little note saying it was from Austin, who was in her robotics class, with the blue backpack and glasses." a little grin went across his face. "I don't know, I just felt bad for her. Having to deal with those nightmares."

Beth grinned. "You romantic."

"What can I say? Ladies man." Austin shrugged dramatically in return as Beth laughed.

"Austin?" Rick looked around the corner to get his attention. "Come with me."

"Hershel! I literally am about to hit my head on this wall for fun!" Austin called from inside the cell.

"Austin, you have to stay away from people incase you were exposed." Hershel said from the other side, a piece of cloth over his face.

"How's my lady friend?" he leaned on the bars. "She doing okay?"

"She's fine, she's with Judith." he nodded as he felt his forehead. "You're feeling okay, anything unusual happening?"

"No, i'm-" Austin started, clearing his throat. "I-"

He coughed suddenly, harshly as he tasted blood. Hershel opened his cell to lead him back in bed, getting the cloth on his mouth. Austin leaned over as he coughed, blood coming from his mouth. "Take a deep breath Austin, steady your breathing."

"Hershel." Austin gaged as he held his throat. "Do something."

"We have to get antibiotics, try to rest, Austin." Hershel rubbed his head. "I'll be back as soon as we can get something."

Austin rolled over, coughing as his vision was getting blurry, weakening as his eyes got heavy.

"Austin." Rick walked in in worry, his face shielded as he sat next to him. "Son, you look terrible."

"Dad." Austin shook his head. "Don't get close to me."

"No, i'm gonna get close to you." he sat next to him as he stared down at him. "Daryl and Michonne are out now, they'll be back soon to help you. You're the first on our list too."

"People are dying." Austin swallowed hard as his red eyes looked at his dad. "I don't wanna die."

"You're not." Rick gave him a stern look. "They'll be back soon, you're gonna be okay."

"Is Car-Is Carl okay?" Austin covered his mouth as he coughed harshly.

"He's in quarantine, Judith and Beth too." he promised him with a nod. "That girl of yours is freaking out, you better get better for her."

Austin forced a smile. "I'll try."

Rick stared down at him in worry, keeping it together as he ran a hand over his face as Austin started to drift off into a sleep again.

Austin got himself a roommate not too long after, him and Glenn leaned against the wall together as Hershel headed their way with two rags. "Keep these on your foreheads. Veterinarian's orders."