Chapter 3

Diana

Diana

"Even miracles take a little time."

"Hmph. I don't like Cindewella I like Elsa."  September pointed at the screen. Her face was in a frown.

"Why don't you like her?" I asked. Cinderella is a classic. I don't find anything not to like about this.

"Let me think." For a five-year-old September is very smart. And also very cute. Her face scrunched cutely in her thinking face.

"Because she is not pretty!" She started jumping on the couch. Excited to finally know why she doesn't like Cinderella. I think Cinderella is pretty though.

"You will get hurt if you jump like that. Here is chocolate for you." I tried to bribe her with the chocolate to make her sit. September loves her chocolate.

The bribery doesn't work as her attention immediately gets diverted towards Adam coming from the kitchen. He joined us on the couch.

"I have a bigger chocolate for September." He waved it in front of her as she struggled to get her little hands on the chocolate.

"Thank you, Adam." September is satisfied when Adam finally gives her the chocolate. She kissed him on his right cheek as a thank you.

"Where is my kiss?" I pointed to my left cheek. She happily kissed my cheek and started eating her chocolate. She is so cute.

"Look! Cinderella is so pretty too!" I pointed at the screen just when the fairy Godmother cast her spell on her.

She glanced at the screen and said easily, "Elsa is prettier." That's because the animation is better there.

"Adam, who do you like, Princess Cinderella or Princess Elsa?" She looks at Adam expectantly.

He looked deep in thought for a while, then finally said with a smile on his face, "Aurora." Oh would you look at that, I give him a knowledge which he easily ignores.

"Adam likes princess Aurora?" September tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah, Adam likes Princess Aurora." He smiles at September. She smiles back. All of us stay quiet for a few minutes and look at the screen. Then, out of nowhere September's excited voice fills the room.

"Diana! Let's go outside." September said buzzing with excitement. This late? She was playing with us the whole day, running around. Kids never get tired.

"Why outside?"

"I want to count." Count? My face immediately forms a frown. Oh. She wants to count stars.

"Sure let's go but hold my hand tightly and always stay close to me. Don't wander off on your own." I made sure she understood what I meant.

September is very precious to everyone in our family. She is my mom's sister's daughter. I am sure mom loves her more than me, not that I am complaining. If she even gets a scratch, Adam and I won't be able to stay in the house peacefully anymore.