Prologue

Diana

Diana

"Blergh."

"Blergh."

This is the only thing I hate about parties. Drunk teenagers. They drink tons and then throw up later. Why do they drink if they are going to throw it all up anyway? They should know their limit.

"I'm good now." Jasmine raises her head from the sink disoriented. Her mascara smudged and her makeup smeared. She looked bad.

"You sure? I don't wanna get that gross thing on me." I scrunch up my face at the thought of potentially getting that on my clothes.

"Yea yea sure." She slurs. But, I am not sure.

I carry her from the washroom to downstairs while she doesn't even try to walk on her own. Heavy as fuck.

The scene I am greeted with downstairs is nothing new, a bunch of teenagers grinding against each other. A girl on top of a table doing a strip show with a bunch of guys cheering in the background. The video of the girl is going to be on the internet the next day and the girl is going to regret her decision unless she is into that. Some drink more even though they are wasted. And a bunch of girls and boys in the corner of the room doing God knows what. I am not curious at all.

Out of nowhere, Derek comes walking funnily towards me and throws his hand on my shoulder. I almost dropped Jasmine at the weight of his hand. Is blind? Can't he see I am carrying someone? He is blind, or stupid. Probably both.

"Do you wanna go upstairs and have some fun, Diana?" He tries to whisper in my ear, his breath reeking of alcohol and cheese.

"No, not really," I say pushing on his chest with my free hand. It doesn't seem like he plans on moving anytime soon.

"Why? It'll gonna be fun." He says smirking at me. Or attempting to smirk.

"Fun? You have like a four-inch dick dude." I say honestly.

"Who told you that?" He says in a hushed voice flushing red. I have been wondering for a while if it was true. Looks like it is.

"A little birdy once told me " I winked at him.

This makes him turn redder. "Ugh. I wanna go homee." Jasmine grunts from my shoulder. I take that as the cue to drag Jasmine out of the house Derek standing there alone.

Using the last bit of my strength, I drag her to the car. I can drive since I am perfectly sober and only had a couple of drinks. I had never been the one to follow rules anyway.

"Did you hear that Kyle Collymore is transferring to our school?" I heard a couple of girls talking when I was halfway through putting Jasmine in the car. I turned my head towards them to eavesdrop.

Two girls were leaning against the car with cigarettes in their hands. One had neon pink hair. Their backs towards me.

"I heard he is hot as fuck. Maybe I should try my chance with him." One of them giggled.

"Let's not ignore the reason why he is transferring. He had beat up a guy almost to death. Maybe he hits women too ."

"I find that hot." The pink hair giggled again. What the?

Kyle Collymore has been the topic of gossip in our school for the last month. He had beat up a guy from his school pretty bad. They even had to take him to the hospital. It was not his first time hitting someone but this time it went out of hand. But, his punishment was just a mere transfer in return while the guy in hospital is suffering. The rumours say that his rich parents had pulled some strings. He is famous in our small town for all the things he has done.

Some people are excited that a guy like him is coming to our school since it will make our school appear strong. I honestly don't know-how. There are rumours that he is very handsome. Some say his eyes are blue while some say his eyes are green. There are also a bunch of guys ready to challenge for a fistfight on the day he transfers. Those guys probably don't have a working brain. But, more than anything, most students are scared. That they might come across him and end up beat up, or worse in a hospital.

I more than anyone else am disgusted. Growing up with parents who have taught me that violence is never the correct answer, I find it incredibly wrong. A guy who had beat up someone else till the brink of their death. More so he did not even receive any punishment for it.

There is not going to be any good coming out of this.

                         *********