Chapter 1

Diana

Diana

I have always been a people pleaser. Ever since I was little, I have always found myself seeking validation from others. Especially when it came to my looks.

Spending hours doing my makeup in front of the mirror was an everyday routine for me. Dyeing my hair blonde, wearing whatever was in trend those days, getting a fake tan, eating salads to maintain a diet are some of the things I had to do to come off as 'beautiful' for some people. I did get complimented a lot on my looks.

But, after sometime I got labelled as 'trying too hard', 'fake', 'catfish', so what? If I didn't do those I would come off as ugly. After calling them out a few times I got labelled as the 'blonde bitch' of the school. The rude one. Just cause I defended myself. I decided to play that role. After all, that’s what they wanted, right?

I didn't care what people thought of me anymore. Well, at least I tried not to. If these things make me fake then I’m fake. At Least I am considered beautiful instead of ugly. When I looked at myself in front of the mirror I looked beautiful. But, It was too annoying when people bothered me. Especially instances like now.

"Where did you get your nails done? They look so cute." A girl whose name isn't worth mentioning asked me. While we were sitting in class waiting for our teacher to come.

"Nowhere you can afford. They are expensive." I smiled sweetly. Trying to be cheeky. She sulked in return. I must have hurt her feelings.

"What about your perfume? Which perfume did you use today? It smells so nice." The redhead said sniffing the air. Way too excited.

"Gucci Rush."

"I wish I had the money to buy it. It smells so feminine, it’s so popular, so it’s sold out like everywhere. I wish I had your hair, it's so pretty." She said that all in one breath. She is not even making any sense.

"I don't like my hair at all. Where did you dye your hair from?" Her eyes were twinkling.

Can she get out of my face?

"It's natural." I lied, annoyed by this conversation.

"Oh come on! Everyone knows it's not natural at all. There's no way it's natural. So where did you get it done from?"

She is getting on my nerves. If I ignored her, she would go bitching about me. If I get angry, she would still do the same. If I answer her politely, then she would keep bothering me. My life is so annoying. Fucking hell.

What am I thinking? I don't care what others think of me anymore. The thought makes me smirk.

"There's no way you can afford the place I go to anyway."

"I can still save up and try to go there." She examines a few strands of her hair between her fingers with disappointment written all over her face. It looks beautiful to me. I have always liked red hair.