"Way too soon," she mumbled. "And even then, I imagine the witches will try to bring him back in his witch body. That's what he wanted. He would very much prefer to be mortal, I remember that. He wanted to be rid of the bloodlust. Maybe, after he's led a good mortal life, he can be at peace with Sage, at long last."

Kol shrugged. "I don't know if it'll be possible, in all honesty. Without a Nexus Vorti, there's a slim chance his witch body can be resurrected."

"And what of Elijah? Will Freya be able to save him? Be honest."

"Well, she cannot resurrect him until she's certain his mind is whole. When the pendant shattered, his mind shattered along with it. Finn's might have too. They both could have retreated to the innermost of their consciousness, hiding in old memories for comfort. Until she extracts them, she cannot put them back in their bodies. If she were to fix the pendant before she finds them in it, it could have dire consequences."

"This needs to work," she mumbled. "Anita needs her dad." She shook her head. "What can I help with? What can us vampires do to make things easier for all of you, tomorrow?"

Kol rubbed the back of his head. "We ought to find all the cursed rosebush and get rid of it. Nik and Rebekah should handle that, they're more durable. Perhaps Valerie could accompany them, for safety. As for the rest of you..." he hummed, "to wake Sofya up, we likely need something of The Hollow's to undo the magic on her. Her blood would be our best bet. Marcel and your brothers could handle that, it doesn't require too much of a confrontation, they really just need to compel someone to clumsily break a glass on The Hollow... or something of that nature. And as Marcel is in charge of the vampires, that group will be most efficient in finding her in the first place, since we haven't any idea what she looks like. You get the hardest job of all."

Maddy raised a brow. "Hardest job? It's sounding like everyone else is covering all the difficult bases."

Kol put a hand on her shoulder. "You get to spend the day keeping Elena and Anita sane."

That wasn't the worst job, to Maddy. But it was difficult. Elena was on-edge the entire day, asking all sorts of questions that Maddy didn't have answers to. She could hear conversations all over the house, and no one seemed to be making good progress aside from the group that went to destroy the cursed rosebush. At least they were experiencing some success.

She did her best to distract her, and made sure both she and Anita were eating well. Every now and then she'd pop in to check on the different groups, to see if she could report anything. She was trying to be optimistic, but it was very difficult to do so. She had to be honest with Elena, because she knew that it wouldn't do anyone any good if she gave her false hope. Maddy had no idea if Elijah and Finn would truly be able to return to them.

"It's okay," said Hope, trying to soothe Anita, who was miserable and didn't wish to play dolls with her. "Your dad will be fine. Uncle Elijah's strong, my dad says he survived a lot."

Anita just winced. "What if they can't fix him?"

"They will," said Maddy, forcing herself to believe it, even though she had doubts. "Your Aunt Freya and Uncle Kol are the strongest witches in this house. If anyone can fix your dad, it's them."

Hope got to her feet, as if a realization had dawned upon her. "I'm the strongest witch here," she said, removing her bracelet. "I can help them."

"Princess," said Maddy in a warning tone, not wanting her to be impulsive solely because of how sad Anita looked. "Are you sure about this? This isn't like anything you've done before."

"I can do it," said Hope firmly. "I can save Uncle Elijah."

Elena placed her hand on Hope's arm before she could leave the room. "You don't need to feel like you must do this, just for us. I know you're strong, I don't doubt that, but we never know how spells can affect witches. Your Aunt Bonnie has already told you that sometimes, you can get nose bleeds, or you can feel very drowsy."