Never

Taehyung realized something was deeply wrong when you got in the car with him without complaints. Not a single word was said as he drove through the city like a mad man, your eyes glossy and red watching the street lights with a far away look, as if you weren't seeing anything.

He knew it had something to do with Namjoon, obviously, but he didn't want to pry. From what he had gathered, you were not a person who liked to openly talk about how you felt or have your emotions verbally exposed, and if his plan was to cheer you up, asking questions would not be the way to go.

So he went along with your silence, quietly thinking to himself for once. He didn't know why Namjoon had agreed to go on the stupid double date (which Taehyung assumed was somehow the reason behind your sour mood) when he was so obviously stupidly in love with you. Maybe, Tae mused as he took a sharp turn that had you almost slipping down your seat, maybe he was scared. Maybe he didn't want to risk losing his friend again, now that he had you back. Taehyung could understand the reasoning behind that, but it did not mean that he agreed with it.

The way Taehyung saw it, the universe had given his hyung a second chance, dropping Y/N back onto his lap like an early Christmas present. He couldn't imagine being so much of a coward as of not taking advantage of that.

Had you taken your eyes of the road in that moment you would see Taehyung's expression morph into one that promised nothing but upcoming trouble, that made you want to run in the opposite direction. A face that could only mean that he had a plan he did not think through, but would go on with it anyway.

You did not look at him, still allowing yourself to be sad, to mourn the death of your high school fantasy. Tomorrow, you told yourself, tomorrow you would let that go, refusing to stay sad for something that only happened in your head. But tonight you had solid plans to cry over a ridiculously sized tub of ice cream while watching personal care themed ASMR as soon as Taehyung let you get back home.

After a few minutes driving, Taehyung stopped at an unknown street, asking in a gentle tone if you could wait in the car. It wasn't long before he returned, knocking on the window and gesturing for you to climb out of the car. It was cold out, colder than you were prepared for, bt before you could even shiver Tae was there, wrapping his coat around you in silence and placing a hand on the small of you back, guiding you forward.

"Where are you going?"

"We're going to watch a movie.'

You frowned "It's like ten p.m"

"I know a guy"

And know a guy he did. "Guy' was a scrawny, tired looking teenager that looked at Taehyung as if he were a god, standing at a forty-five degree angle wearing an old red uniform still holding a broom in his hand.

"You guys have two hours." he said, straightening up and trying to fix his hair as soon as he saw you "that's all I could get."

"That's plenty of time."

"And, you know..." Guy shrugged, trying to look cool and collected "if you ever want to watch a movie, noona, I can arrange that. You know" he shrugged once more "for you".

You didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It was kinda nice to know that if all else failed, at least this rat-mustached, cheeto fingered teenager still  thought you were cute.

"Are you asking my girl out?" Taehyung said, in a much scarier ( and hotter , your brain unhelpfully provided) voice than you thought he could muster.

"No! I would never, hyung... I mean, sir, I mean, eh..." Guy then decided to just flee to he staff room instead of giving a full answer. When you turned back to Taehyung, he was already giggling.