> Chapter 42 <

Vik descended from the van as he spun around to guide me so that I wouldn't lose balance. "Thanks, Vik"

"Ain't mention. I'm just as excited as you are, Alexis. Can't wait to see my brother"

A joyous smile spread across my face at Vik's statement. Oh how much JJ is grateful to have such friends.

"This way guys", Harry signalled to where Shawn was standing, having a conversation with a man in a long black coat. A lawyer to be specific.

"There you are. I've been waiting for you guys", Shawn beamed turning his torso toward us and his smile grew even more when he spotted me.

"Hope you never forget me, Alexis", Shawn stated in a mocking tone.

"Never in a million years, Shawn. I'll forever be grateful for you"

"Yeah man. If it weren't for you, we all would've lost hope", Josh dimes in with a reassuring smile.

"Ah come on. No formalities between us, mate. All of us are gonna be there for each other at the end of the day. So don't ever mention that", Shawn nodded his head and lead us into the courtroom where I had to sign some documents.

"Only one person is allowed to enter the premise. The rest should wait outside while we get JJ", the old officer's mention had us all stop in our tracks and look over at each other.

"Go ahead, Alexis. You were the most excited among all of us. It's only fair if you see him first", Simon reassuringly said, earning nods from the others.

"Shoo shoo, Alexis. Your soul mate is waiting for you", everyone chuckled at Tobi's words.

I followed the officer's track into an enormous building through the wire gazed doors. Soon enough, we entered an enclosed building only for the stench to make me throw up.

Tears stinged in my eyes, knowing JJ had to live these past months in a hideous place like this. Where happiness nor comfort isn't a thing.

"Miss Ren, stay right here. JJ will be here any minute", I shook my head and started tapping my foot in anxious.

"Alexis?", the voice I've been aching to hear for months, was heard not too far from where I was standing.

"JJ!", I dashed towards him and tackled in a bone crushing hug. I didn't care who was staring nor giving us the look of disgust, at the moment JJ was all that mattered to me.

"Princess?", I detached myself from him staring, only for my tears to escape from the corner of my eyes.

"You know how much I missed that, JJ? That right there. The nickname you always call me"

"I mean, do you know much I missed your presence? I didn't miss your voice as much because it is the only thing I hear whenever people speak to me. That's how much of an impact you have on me. I'm on top of the world to have you in my arms again, Alexis"