"You mean how Voldemort transferred some of his personality to me the night he killed my parents, meaning that he can possess me and that I might have the potential to go completely Dark Side?"

"Exactly," I replied, grateful that he understood. "It makes it bearable."

In the end, Harry promised that we could hang out with my friends in the library tomorrow. Harry is the best.

Friday 2nd April.

Dear Diary,

I just had another bitch fight with Blaise. What the hell is his problem? Everything was fine until he felt the need to make his nasty little comments and make me doubt myself.

I was leaving the hall with Pansy, discussing where we were going to go on our double date tomorrow, when Blaise came swanning up behind me. "Really, Draco, I never thought you'd become so domesticated! You really are the perfect little boyfriend, aren't you? What's next – are you and Potter going to get matching his and his t-shirts?"

"What the hell is your problem, Zabini?" Pansy said.

"No problem. I just find it interesting that Malfoy here seems to have no qualms about being Harry's little lap dog."

"Right," I sneered. "Whereas you became a little Gryffindor Quidditch groupie under great duress last year."

He rolled his eyes. "The point is that I never thought of it as a permanent thing. Harry was hot stuff and I did what I had to do to get my hands on him. Not you, though. You're actually in it for the long haul, aren't you? You were going to leave this school as a legend. The Prince of Slytherin. Don't you realise what's happened to your reputation? You used to be all dangerous and sexy, able to get any man you wanted, but now you've happily given all of that up. Now everyone will just think of you as Harry's boyfriend. That's all anyone will ever remember you for in future. But hey, as long as you're happy." He smirked at me again and minced off.

"Don't listen to him, sweetie," Pansy said. "He's just bitter because Harry dumped him."

I agreed, but I can't say that it didn't make me a little concerned. Is that really what people think about me? I mean, I know I've changed a bit since I've been with Harry, but it's not as if I've stopped being myself. I haven't sold out. Blaise Zabini is a big knob-head with no knob, and I'll just have to content myself with putting horrible things in his mouth while he sleeps.

Sunday 4th April.

Dear Diary,

I've just had a bit of a scary conversation with Harry. And I feel really bad for being freaked out by it, but here I am all jittery and weird, having just consumed two Pumpkin Pasties and a bar of Honeydukes' finest. Greg gave them to me. I really shouldn't hang around with him when I'm on edge, because it only gives him the opportunity to put his feeder impulses into practice.

Anyway, back to Harry. We were walking round the lake earlier, and everything was going really well. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and there was sweet gay love in the air. I'd practically forgotten all about Blaise's little comments the other day. Harry was talking about Voldemort. Whenever he does this he always stares heroically into middle distance – it's so cute, but I can't tell him that because he gets all pissy.

Then he started talking about us. At first he was just talking about how we could go somewhere on holiday together later this year, which immediately conjured up images of Harry rubbing sunscreen on me while we lay on some Caribbean beach. I didn't allow the fact that the last time I sunbathed I ended up an attractive shade of lobster and all the skin peeled off my nose to ruin my homoerotic flight of fancy.