We've spent today doing our homework in bed. Not sure how good the homework will be. The bed part, however, was fantastic.

Monday 22nd March.

Dear Diary,

Why am I so hungry lately? Seriously, so far today I've eaten two muffins, some chicken soup, three cereal bars, some fish with potatoes and salad, five squares of chocolate and a banana. And I'm still hungry!

Pansy thinks it's because I've been having so much sex recently. According to her, you can burn sixty to one-hundred calories, just by having an orgasm! Wow. This was a weight-loss plan I'd never considered before! It certainly has its appeal.

Millicent, on the other hand, had the audacity to suggest that I might be pregnant. Now, that theory most certainly did not have its appeal, and Millicent ended up on the business end of a Bat Bogey Hex. Really cannot thank the Weaslette enough for teaching me that one.

Tuesday 23rd March.

Dear Diary,

Well, today has to go down in history as one of the most humiliating days in all my young life. I'd just finished my last class of the day and I was on my way to meet Harry in the library, when one of the school owls arrived with a message saying that my dad had arrived at Hogwarts and he wanted me to meet him outside the gates as soon as possible.

Well, naturally I was a little confused by this unexpected turn of events. However, I wasn't able to give it too much thought. I only had time to go back to my room to fetch my outdoor cloak, and tell Greg to let Harry know where I was.

I found Dad by the gates, pacing up and down impatiently. "Draco! You took your time!"

"Well, you didn't exactly give me a lot of warning," I replied sardonically. "Dad, what are you doing here?"

"What, now I need an excuse to pay a visit on my son?" he replied innocently.

He should have known better. I of all people should know that when a Malfoy sounds innocent, he is at his most devious. "Dad, what are you doing here?" I repeated. "What are you up to?"

He sighed. "Oh, all right. Look, I want to talk to you. Let's go to Hogsmeade and I'll buy you dinner."

He didn't really leave me much choice in the matter. Besides, I was hungry again and he was offering to pay. To my bemusement, he chose to go to Madam Puddifoots. You know, that painfully twee little café where everything is pink and they serve lots of cakes in little paper cups.

Dad sighed in contentment as he sat down. "Ah, I used to love it here when I was a lad. I went here with your mother on our very first date."

Sometimes I wonder whether my father isn't lying when he says he's a Slytherin. I worry about him. He ordered a raspberry Danish pastry and I ordered some cheese cake, because it's healthier.

"Dad, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

He actually had the audacity to fold his arms and look down his nose at me imperiously. Might have worked better had he not been sitting at a table covered with an enormous pink doily. "Now, Draco, I read something rather disturbing in the papers this morning. It's not true that you are, ah, romantically involved with Harry Potter, is it?"

Damn it! I'd been so caught up with all the sex I've been having that I'd forgotten to check the latest Daily Prophet! Harry kept warning me that it would only be a matter of time before the papers caught on to our relationship. Now, I'll admit it, I probably should have told my parents about Harry before now. I guess reading about it over their morning coffee and croissants probably wasn't the way they would have liked to find out. But can you honestly blame me? I knew it would only cause a load of stress and arguments. Well, I guess my period of grace had run its course.