I'm writing this in bed. I woke up really early today for some reason. I guess I'll have to wake Harry up in a bit so we can get ready for class, but I'm having too much fun watching him sleep right now. He really does have the longest boy-lashes I've ever seen. Oh, and he looks so vulnerable and defenceless without his glasses. He's so pretty, I could just watch him forever.

...

Harry just woke up. "Draco, would you please stop staring at me when I'm trying to sleep? It's creepy. Either come back to bed or go and find something to do."

I think he's asleep again now. He has a really nice mouth. And his hair's all scuffled up. He really is perfect. Uh-oh, he's not asleep. He just opened his eyes again. Now he's glowering at me. I should probably stop writing.

Wednesday 3rd March.

Dear Diary,

Harry and I handed in our Potions assignment today. I'm confident that we've done pretty well. Harry isn't half bad when he puts his mind to it – all those years of partnering Weasley clearly dragged him down. I've been giving him a few tips on how to remember certain formulas, and I think he's starting to get it. I never realised how good it could feel to do something nice for someone before. Especially when you're rewarded in sexual favours!

Ah, things with Harry are going so well. I haven't quite plucked up the nerve to tell him that I'm in love with him yet. I mean, it's a big step. It would be lovely if he said it back, but then what if he just looks really awkward and changes the subject? Oh, I don't know. I mean, that kind of thing requires the perfect moment, doesn't it? It has to be completely right. And there is a sad lack of perfect moments in my life. I usually end up doing something to humiliate myself and ruin it all.

We had Quidditch practice earlier, which went well. I'm pretty pleased with my team this year. You know, I really don't know what's going to happen when I have to play against Harry. Slytherin and Gryffindor are definitely going to go up against each other in the Cup Final. Now, this is our last year and – as much as I adore Harry – I really want to win. I'm not entirely sure how to broach the subject with him.

Oh, thinking is hard!

Thursday 4th March.

Dear Diary,

I posited my idea about Dean Thomas to Pansy over dinner tonight. She concedes that he's very attractive, but she doesn't know if it's a good idea for us both to be dating Gryffindors. She said that she wasn't going to go out with someone just so that I would have someone to go on a double date with, which I thought was a bit selfish of her.

Unfortunately, she said this in the hearing of Vince and Greg, who were slightly put out because I keep turning down their invitations for Harry and I to go on a double date with them. I felt a bit bad, but seriously, can you imagine? I know what it would be like. They'd want to go to some restaurant where they serve finger-food. Then they'd be feeding it to each other, and Harry and I would be sitting there, desperately trying to cover how uncomfortable we are. Then we would feel the need to start feeding each other, just so Vince and Greg wouldn't catch on that we were desperate to escape. And that can only lead to one thing – Food Porn. Food Porn with Crabbe and Goyle! So you see why we could never go on a double date.

Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot! Last night, Harry and I had our first ever argument since we started seeing each other!

We'd just had a shower together, and I was hanging out in Harry's dorm room, chatting to him while he put some of his clothes away. Suddenly, I noticed several pairs of his underpants lying on top of the pile. Now, I realise that it's quite far into the relationship for me to be noticing my boyfriend's underwear for the first time. To be honest, I've been too preoccupied with trying to get inside them to pay much attention to the garments themselves. Now, however, there were no such distractions. There they were, lying there right in front of me. The underpants in question were a rather showy affair, made of black satin. I couldn't help but notice that they were a little... incongruous with the rest of Harry's wardrobe. I mean, they just didn't look like something that Harry would buy for himself. I decided to get to the bottom (no pun intended) of the mystery.