After making a mental note to somehow murder Vince and Greg through the medium of baked goods at the first possible opportunity, I smiled charmingly. "Oh, Harry, you shouldn't believe everything they tell you. They are prone to dramatize. I'm really not as bad as they make out. Yes, I watch what I eat, but we can't all have metabolisms like yours, can we?"

Harry was about to protest, but I started running my foot up his leg under the table and he suddenly forgot what he was about to say. Ha! Works every time.

It had stopped raining after we'd finished eating, so we decided to walk back to the castle. It was a nice walk and we held hands, but I can't really remember what we talked about. I was too nervous about the possibility of the potential sex.

As I'd expected, Harry smiled shyly at me as soon as we were inside and asked if I'd like to come up to his room for a bit. I couldn't see any way out of it without losing face, so I agreed. Fortunately, Harry had his Invisibility Cloak on him, so we managed to get through the Gryffindor common room without being detected. God, just wait until I tell my mother about how hideous the décor is!

Anyhoo, it was still fairly early, so we had Harry's dorm to ourselves. As soon as we got through the door I immediately scanned the room for whips and chains, or any other evidence of Harry's secret dom side. I had no idea what he might have had in mind for me; poor, defenceless Slytherin that I was.

However, I had no opportunity to conduct a proper search, as Harry promptly grabbed hold of me and started kissing me. Now, I've always seen myself as a fairly pragmatic kind of fellow, but for some reason I just completely lose my mind when Harry kisses me. It sounds silly, but it felt so right that I forgot to worry about what might happen next.

The next moment, however, Harry pulled back. "God, Draco, I'm really sorry. I'm being such an idiot. I... I'm not sure if I'm ready to do this yet."

Well, this was an unexpected turn of events. I went up to Harry and touched him softly on the arm. "What's wrong, love?" I said, trying to sound as comforting as possible.

He looked at me, biting his lip, which made him look adorably confused. "Draco, you're going to think I'm an idiot. It's just... I kind of rushed into things with Blaise, and that was such a disaster. And... and with you, it's different. I mean, I've wanted to be with you for so long, and I really care about you. I... I just feel like we should take things slowly. I know how pathetic it is. I mean, it's Valentine's Day, for Merlin's sake! We've had a lovely evening, and I guess the natural thing would be to sleep together, but I just don't know if I'm ready yet. Are you mad?"

He looked so sweet and nervous, it made me go all mushy inside. I hate when that happens. Except I don't really. Don't tell anyone. "Of course I'm not mad, Harry. I think we should wait until you're ready. I don't want to rush things either." I decided against telling Harry about my own apprehensions. After all, I don't want him thinking any less of me, do I?

Harry broke into a grin and threw his arms around me. "God, Draco, you're amazing. I'm so lucky to have you."

Well, I wasn't about to contradict that, was I? "You're pretty amazing yourself, Harry," I replied, pulling him into a kiss.

I'm not entirely sure how we ended up on Harry's bed with the curtains drawn. Must have been the mesmerising powers of Harry's lips again. Nor am I entirely sure what happened to our tops. Or our trousers, for that matter.

As it turned out, while Harry wasn't ready to go all the way, he wasn't exactly adverse to the idea of some pretty full-on groping. And if our hands found their way into each others' underwear... well, it's only natural, isn't it? Safe to say that when I left Gryffindor Tower an hour or so later, I had no doubts in my mind that Harry Potter is a fantastic lover. God, is he fantastic. I was a bit worried about what he'd think afterwards, because Blaise once told me that my orgasm face is the same one I pull when I'm playing Quidditch. However, I don't think Harry noticed. Or if he did, he was too much of a gentleman to say anything.