Chapter 18 The Forest of Death part 1

Aoi POV

Approaching our second exam for the Chunnin exams, we arrived at the forest of death. Nevermind that though i still had that gut feeling that something bad was going to happen but i didn't know what.

Walking along with my team, i could see that Sakura and Naruto seemed a bit nervous, more so Sakura, i didn't blame her really.

As if he could feel my anxiousness, i felt Sasuke's hand on my face, tilting my chin upwards to face him, i stared into his onyx orbs filled with concern.

"Aoi...Are you okay? You seem a bit...out of it..." He stated worriedly.

I didn't want to worry him too much so i replied "..Y-yeah..i'm fine Sasuke...just a bit nervous is all." I gave a small and nervous smile to him, to reassure him.

Suddenly there was smoke that appeared, and i saw that it was Konohamaru and his friends, it seemed that they were going to interview some people, namely my team. Team 7.

After a bit of questioning with the others, he had come up to me and asked "So, Aoi-chan what do you think of your team?"

"My team...well it consists of the 5 of us, Kakashi-sensei, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura, lets start with Kakashi-sensei, he's first of all lazy and laid back, however he is very kind and patient with us, always listening and attentive which i'm glad for. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher, he is also well known as Kakashi of the Sharingan or the Copy cat ninja who copied over a thousand jutsus. Next, we have Sasuke...well he's err- my boyfriend and even though on the outside he seems very cold and introverted, underneath that he is actually very sweet and caring but also protective, but also determined to achieve his goals. Moving onto Naruto....Naruto is one of my best friends, no matter, he is very kind boy, who possesses a heard of gold with a kind and forgiving nature. Although he can be a knucklehead sometimes and loud and brash...i believe someday he will become a great ninja and hokage to this village. Lastly, we have Sakura, at first she may seem fangirlish but when you see underneath the underneath, she is a sweet and lovely girl who can be a bit shy sometimes...She doesn't have much confidence in herself, but i know that with her perfect chakra control she can become an excellent medical ninja such as Tsunade-sama one day."

After saying all that, i took a deep breath as they all seemed to look at me with anime tears on their faces, much more like solely Naruto i would have to say "Aoi-chan!! i didn't think you thought of us like that!"

I didn't know how to reply to that, feeling a warm blush creep up my face "I-I..."

Without having to say anything, they just simply smiled at me and i returned it.

Sasuke as always just took my hands in his and Hnned. Whilst Sakura seemed a bit shy but happy nonetheless.

However, after Konohamaru and his friends have left, Anko the second exam proctor proceeded with the instructions.

After having explained all the details, we were required to sign a consent sheet to confirm that if we die that she would not be held responsible.

So, i signed the sheet and handed it in to one of the exam Chunins, i didn't take note of the presence behind me.

Before i had the chance to leave, i felt something slimy and warm capture my left wrist, my breath hitched and my heart began to beat quickly.

I felt a shiver down my spine when i could this ninja's breath on my shoulders."My my, we meet again Aoi-chan."

Hearing this woman hiss out my name, i stiffened, this presence that made me feel seriously uneasy ever since i saw her in the first exam. I have to say that i actually felt a sense of fear which i have not felt since a long time ago.

Something about her just screamed danger and i knew- No. I needed to stay away from her.

"Yes, hello again." I replied monotonely, masking my anxiousness and fear within.

I could feel her chest vibrate when she chuckled because of the close proximity between us.

"Aren't you a beautiful young woman? I'd hate to see blood spilled all over your pale and alluring self." She said while taking a lock of my hair into her hands , i tried to keep myself from shaking and out of my peripheral vision i could see Sasuke looking suspiciously at this woman.

"I'm sure i'll be fine, i believe you should worry more over your team mates?" I tried to keep my voice from trembling.

I didn't know what, but there was something about her that terrified my whole being.

Fear.

Fear had lodged itself into my heart. MY throat felt dry and as if something was stuck that did not allow myself to utter a word.

Now, she finally released my hand and then licked her lips with her long tongue, seeing this i thought that she reminded me of someone.

Someone that gave off negative vibes.

"Well then, I wish you luck in the Chunnin exams." With one more smile , she waved off and walked away. I stood there still as a statue. I knew then and there that we had to steer clear from this woman.

"Aoi-chan!! Are you coming!? We're going to the gate now!" I snapped out of my thoughts when Naruto's voice had broken my pensiveness.

Looking up i see the normal grin on his face, and by my side i just realised Sasuke was there, taking my hands in his he took me towards the gate.

I was glad he was here, i felt safe with him and all those worries of before had been temporarily stored away.

Then, Sakura had to ask "Aoi, did you know that grass ninja?"

"..No, but we sat next to each other in the first exams."

Nodding with my answer, we stood by the gate and we decided that I'll keep the scroll, i pocketed it in my pouch.

On the count of 3, we sprint through the gates and now into the forest...

————————————-

I apologize again for the slow updates ! T^T BUT i'm so happy i finally reached 12K views! Yay~ ^^ Thanks guys for reading! I really appreciate it! :3

And now we finally are going to have more and more drama~ c:oooo what does the "grass ninja" want with Aoi?

Don't forget to vote , comment and follow~! ^-^

Thanks for reading! Until next time~

-sakuramatcha23