CHAPTER 8: Lily of the Valley

Chuuya didn't realize he had fallen asleep until he felt something moist and warm against his cheek. Who had let a dog in here? He went to push the animal aside to play with it but he was surprised -yet again- by that sneaky moron who was licking him like crazy.

-The fuck are you doing?! –

-Kouyou told me you liked dogs so here: woof, woof! I will be a dog for you! Do you like me now?? Sluggy, slug, sluggo, crawly sluuuug? –

-What the hell has gotten into you? And I'm gonna kill my mom when I find her. Oi, stop calling me a slug! –

-But you are! - Dazai gave Chuuya some big puppy eyes but the hat lover didn't give in. He kicked Dazai and got up to the cafeteria. The human pup wasted no time to follow him.

The cafeteria was crowded and a long mass of hungry people had formed around the buffet area. Chuuya wasn't going to get in there to get asphyxiated; he had his brother for that. There were some expending machines in an empty corner and Chuuya went there to buy himself some snacks.

After buying breakfast the pair went to find some free seats. Chuuya didn't want to be seated alone with that animal following him so he decided to join a couple of actors who were already eating.

-Hello, do you mind if we sit with you? –

Both men seemed to be timid. The taller one, a dangerously underweight boy with black hair and white bangs put his hand on his mouth and looked away. The other one, a more friendly looking white-haired boy with beautifully coloured eyes was the one to respond.

-O-of course! –

They accommodated themselves and told them their names. It wasn't necessary though, as they were both too famous for anyone not to know them. The other two on the contrary, weren't known faces.

-My name's Nakajima Atsushi and he's Ryunosuke Akutagawa. We're both small actors so uh I hope we can be on par with your skills.... –

Atsushi blushed timidly. He and Akutagawa got on well because they were both introverts so they didn't feel judged but it was a whole new level to talk with Chuuya and Dazai. The two of them had received the name Double Black for being the most talented male actors of the Century. 

Akutagawa started to cough, some blood slipping out of his mouth. Chuuya worriedly tried to assist him but Atsushi calmed him down.

-No, no, it's okay. It's normal... He's a bit shy and sometimes his nerves make him cough. –

The other two knew that they were lying but didn't push it. Their new colleagues were an oddly pair to say the least. Nevertheless, they weren't interesting enough for Dazai and his undiagnosed ADHD to stay still for long. He got bored soon and walked away.

-Don't mind him. He's nuts. Now that he's not here, let me warn you: do not get close to him, he's fucked in the head. – Chuuya made a screw motion with his finger on the side of his head.

Atsushi felt more comfortable now and could let out a small laugh. He was about to comment something when Akutagawa suddenly let out bluntly:

-Maybe he acts up because he likes you. –

-Whaaaat??? I- I-

DAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The trio turned their heads to the person shouting. Dazai was running away, breakfast in hand, from a blond man who by his looks seemed to be the typical "shut up, work and don't bother me" type of guy.

-You lazy ass, go buy your own food! –

-Uuuuuhhh but Kunikida-Kuuuuuuun I don't have money! Be nice and share with meeeeeee! –

-Sharing is not stealing the whole thing! –

The blond man, Kunikida, had to catch his breath. Dazai had won again. Defeated, Kunikida shouted some profanities at the thief and left. 

The victorious robber sat down again with Chuuya and the other two actors and started munching on his newly owned sandwich. His overjoyed face quickly changed and he spat out the food.

-Ugh, who the hell eats a fish sandwich?! Oh yeah, Kunikida would. –

He lost interested in the food and threw it away on the table. The other three hadn't said a word but Chuuya looked at one of the sardine's head. Its dead big unsettling eyes were looking back at him in a way that felt too familiar.

-Hahaha Dazai, your eyes look exactly like this fish's! You've got a mackerel face! –

-Um -Atsushi interrupted the bickering before it could start. -I see you have a special relationship but em... Is it something you do, like, going around strangers looking like that? –

At first Chuuya was offended but it took some time for him to remember that he hadn't got dressed yet and that he was still in his pyjamas and his messy hair, not to talk about Dazai's saliva on his cheek.

-You mackerel, why didn't you tell me I was looking like this???!!! –

-But this is no different from how you always look! You're a slug after all! –

- You bastard! I'm gonna kill you!!! -

Yaaayyy more characters! I'm not really invested in Shin Soukoku but I do see the pairing! And poor Kunikida never stops being bullied by Dazai! Even for the foods he likes